'21 GA RB Cody Brown

These kids need to learn that signing with a particular coach instead of a school is not a smart move to begin with. If the promise of the NFL or something more financial as has happened apparently with some then they need to realize coaches get let go every year, under the table funds dry up and 1.6% of a NCAA football players actually make and get a chance to play on Sunday. A education is the only sure thing, if you work for it, that comes out of college.

These kids need to learn that signing with a particular coach instead of a school is not a smart move to begin with. If the promise of the NFL or something more financial as has happened apparently with some then they need to realize coaches get let go every year, under the table funds dry up and 1.6% of a NCAA football players actually make and get a chance to play on Sunday. A education is the only sure thing, if you work for it, that comes out of college.

If he had been given money and it was not in view already, he could have made one call and the release would have been air freighted to him today and no tweet would have been necessary.

If he had been given money and it was not in view already, he could have made one call and the release would have been air freighted to him today and no tweet would have been necessary.
I wasn't implying that this kid did anything wrong and if anyone thought I was I'm truly sorry. I was just pointing out what seems to be the way things have progressed over the past several years. Back in the day kids, myself included, dreamed of playing for a school and not just a coach. The sales pitches these kids are given is something that I can't imagine and the massaging of egos that goes along with these promises of glory is sad. I know that is what it often takes to get top talent but only a few will every reach that dream and they have a hard time seeing beyond the smoke and mirrors that is presented to them and their parents.

I wasn't implying that this kid did anything wrong and if anyone thought I was I'm truly sorry. I was just pointing out what seems to be the way things have progressed over the past several years. Back in the day kids, myself included, dreamed of playing for a school and not just a coach. The sales pitches these kids are given is something that I can't imagine and the massaging of egos that goes along with these promises of glory is sad. I know that is what it often takes to get top talent but only a few will every reach that dream and they have a hard time seeing beyond the smoke and mirrors that is presented to them and their parents.
I don't think that was as prevalent as you think. Some kids did this, yes. Most kids dream of playing at a place that gives them a chance to win championships, and showcasing their own talents so they can be high draft picks. Do you really think Peyton grew up dreaming of playing for UT?
Also UT is currently under NCAA investigation, with potential for punishments that would set the team back for their entire 4 years here. I am more surprised that more signees aren't asking out.

Yeah because all the players Pruitt recruited suck huh? Good grief...🙄🙄
I was joking about how he didn’t take guys like Trey knox, woodi Washington, Sam Howell, etc and they all turned out to be good players

But a lot of Pruitt’s recruits do suck. Especially on defense. Hopefully JH and crew can coach em up

Reactions: drvenner and StoVol
We need this kid. I get the sense he will either end upon being a Jabari Davis or a Jamaal Lewis. Either one would be better than what we’ve had these last few years. Man, the kid averaged 1500 yds a season in a strong region of GA. Can’t walk away from that kind of potential
people being crazy saying they don't want him.

He will give us more talent.

Keep our recruiting class ranking high.

Helps with some of our perception issues.

Most D1, especially P5, prospects are cocky and are used to dominating competition and getting special treatment...plus they are teenage boys. Most are cocky enough to think they are talented enough to go pro until they get to college and reality hits.

A lot also have families or handlers that are pumping them up so they can profit off them. The level headed ones are rare.

Reactions: thistime
We need this kid. I get the sense he will either end upon being a Jabari Davis or a Jamaal Lewis. Either one would be better than what we’ve had these last few years. Man, the kid averaged 1500 yds a season in a strong region of GA. Can’t walk away from that kind of potential

Seems like he doesn’t want to be here

Goodbye and good riddance. Opens up a scolly for the transfer market. If we have to try another rebuilt, then let CJH pick his own timber.

Other than him tweeting a “Free Me” and now deleted tweet , I do not believe it has been reported that he asked out of NLI.
I would have tended to agreed it was overblown till he shared the article some Instagram account wrote about him asking for a transfer on his Instagram timeline. So it seems maybe it is true, but perhaps we are trying to get him to change his mind? Who knows honestly with these young guys nowadays

Reactions: HalfullVol
I would have tended to agreed it was overblown till he shared the article some Instagram account wrote about him asking for a transfer on his Instagram timeline. So it seems maybe it is true, but perhaps we are trying to get him to change his mind? Who knows honestly with these young guys nowadays
Who knows, I know he deleted the tweet and hasn't really mentioned anything else on the subject since.

VN Store

Back