Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to call anyone snowflakes, or ask if anyone needs a safe space, though.

That crap is so stupid.
Yeah that's lazy and unproductive. Insults are usually used when you can't back up arguments with valid points. And if yer gonna go the insult route, at least be creative with them and not just overuse the same one that gets used by everyone. I respect people who get solid creative jabs in and am more likely to try to understand their side of the argument. Lazy insults don't give much confidence that the argument will be any different.

This is why I don’t want Manning any closer to the program than he already is. The great ones need to stay at arms length and show up at appropriate times. You don’t see Brady messing w/ Michigan too often, you don’t hear much about Jordan and UNC, he’s too busy screwing up the Bobcats/ Hornets.

The thing with former players and boosters is that the fans always want them to stay away until they are needed.

Main things I hope Manning would do right now... try to get the big boosters to quit squabbling and row in the same direction, call Ty Simpson and convince him how well he’d do in Huepel’s system, then convince his nephew Arch how well he’d do in Huepel’s system.

Because its gonna be Steele
I wouldn’t be upset with Steele. But his shenanigans give me pause. Plus, I prefer a young DC who has adapted to the offenses of today’s game. I think Arnett is basically Wilcox 2.0. Gonna be big time.

Zero issue with Steele being the DC
But, Kevin Steele...

tenor.gif

The thing with former players and boosters is that the fans always want them to stay away until they are needed.

Main things I hope Manning would do right now... try to get the big boosters to quit squabbling and row in the same direction, call Ty Simpson and convince him how well he’d do in Huepel’s system, then convince his nephew Arch how well he’d do in Huepel’s system.
I want Manning to show up a couple times a year, smile, let us love him and enjoy our great memories, let everyone else be reminded he ours, and don’t get tangled up in anything that would put his relationship with the vols at risk. And if he wants to, he can write checks. Nothing else.

I just noticed that Jim Leavitt has fallen so far that he’s the DC at SMU. Wow. I’ve always thought he was a highly respected and talented coach (minus the whole player punching thing). If not Steele I wouldn’t mind having him on staff. He’s recruited Florida historically well, right?

He had very nice runs as DC in Colorado and Oregon. Basically carried Taggart into that FSU job.

Reactions: volfan4lyfe
I know nothing about it. But that's a strange process if that's how they do it. It seems to incentivize the very ones who cooperate in the crime to just leave the minute the gig is up. [Hmmm. Seems like we've seen a lot of players in the portal.] To offer them complete immunity seems counterproductive at a policy level. I think I could understand reduced punishments, but immunity seems like a 'get out of jail free card' for any student who just hits the portal after the fact. Ick.
FBI and other law enforcement do the same thing. Give immunity to someone so they can get the higher up the chain criminals.

But, Kevin Steele...

tenor.gif

I don't think with this AD and coach that Steele has any chance of undermining or back stabbing. Who will he convince he can do a better job? Who is going to put him in charge? I doubt he could convince the administration that fired Fulmer. He probably wants to coach, happy to coach at Tennessee, and willing to work with a good dude like Heupel. My take.

HC - Heupel
OC/TE - Golesh
QB - Halzle
RB - Merritt
WR - Burns
OL - Elarbee

DC - Steele
DL - Garner
LB - TWill
Secondary - Let Steele find someone

ST - O

Make it happen.

If we land Zack Arnett, his safeties coach (Washington) has a nice resume that includes DB’s, recruiting coordinator, and special teams coordinator.

I wouldn’t be upset with Steele. But his shenanigans give me pause. Plus, I prefer a young DC who has adapted to the offenses of today’s game. I think Arnett is basically Wilcox 2.0. Gonna be big time.

I also like the idea of Arnett because he has been coaching to try and compliment a similar offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back