Dang, sounds like Cody Brown wants out

I 100% respect them. But, if the don't want to be here...............bye
Yeah, "get the hell out" sounds respectful.

What about our commitment to Jeremy Pruitt and the coaches and Coach Fulmer? We had commitments with them but it's FINE if we break those.......... but the players, oh no, they should be expected to ALWAYS stay. BS.

If it's okay for us to terminate coaches who don't meet our expectations, it's okay for players to terminate programs who don't meet their expectations.

C
As Inky Johnson said on 104.5..............

"If you want out - get the hell out"
"If I have to convince you to stay - get the hell out."

UT need players committed to the University and the Program....not just committed to themselves.
Culture of selfish behavior is more of a problem than the roster.

Everything Tennessee LEFT THEM! Coaches: gone. Many teammates: gone.

Perhaps it goes both ways? If you part with a large percentage of your Program, then expect that those who committed to that Program get to think about parting also. Fair is fair. Respect the players.
No everything Tennessee is still there. You’re conflating Tennessee with the prior staff. If they committed to the prior staff, and now want to leave, than they can all go. Nobody wants a bunch of kids that didn’t commit to the T. The fact that they didn’t commit to the T, might be most of our problems. There’s a saying around these parts that have bred success in different sports: “I will give my all to Tennessee today”. That’s not my all to Pruitt, not my all to the fans, its my all to Tennessee. If you’re here for any other reason than the institution, than you shouldn’t be here at all.

How many “star” players from last years squad are leaving? Like what 8 out of 10 of our best players are leaving? Obviously they were only here for two reasons. Money and the staff that was paying them. I hope the snakes all leave. It’s unfortunately the purge this program needed.

If I’m an offensive player, I can’t understand why you’d want out. But I don’t believe we should force these kids to stay if they don’t want to be here. They didn’t ask for any of this chaos.
They want the fringe benefits that were likely promised.

Whitehead is healthy and he's 6'2 230. Evans is 5'9 225. Beckwith is 6'4 220. Small is 6'0 200. Hodge is 6'0 220. We'll be fine if he decides to go elsewhere.

I think Beckwith will get moved to wide receiver or tight end for the 2021 season.

Heupel should call Brown and send him some videotape to show him how the Central Florida running backs were utilized in his system.

Reactions: Border Vol
No everything Tennessee is still there. You’re conflating Tennessee with the prior staff. If they committed to the prior staff, and now want to leave, than they can all go. Nobody wants a bunch of kids that didn’t commit to the T. The fact that they didn’t commit to the T, might be most of our problems. There’s a saying around these parts that have bred success in different sports: “I will give my all to Tennessee today”. That’s not my all to Pruitt, not my all to the fans, its my all to Tennessee. If you’re here for any other reason than the institution, than you shouldn’t be here at all.

How many “star” players from last years squad are leaving? Like what 8 out of 10 of our best players are leaving? Obviously they were only here for two reasons. Money and the staff that was paying them. I hope the snakes all leave. It’s unfortunately the purge this program needed.
Everything Tennessee IS NOT still there and YES the snakes that made up the Program needed to leave.

If you want to insist the "winning Tennessee culture" was what these guys should've committed to........ they were unborn to in grade school when the program was really winning. If you want to insist they "committed to the T" then so did Fulmer, certainly, and the coaches........ but we terminated them (and needed to) and that's fine?

Relationships are not always perfect, ESPECIALLY for younger people. Few end up with their first love, few end up with their first major, few end up with their first job.......

Why can we terminate coaches and entire coaching staffs and still be "all in for Tennessee?"

It needed burning down. It was burnt down. Admin burnt it down, but perhaps the players didn't sign on for that. Can you blame them? They didn't burn it down, admin did. Admin broke commitments to numerous people....... good for the goose, good for the gander.

Reactions: Border Vol
Let me be direct, Heupel can’t get these cowards off the team fast enough. I have no problem with asking for a release but how about some of you kids let your balls drop and actually contact the coach and ask before you blast it out on social media? Just some mentally weak ass cowards, gtfo.

Everything Tennessee IS NOT still there and YES the snakes that made up the Program needed to leave.

If you want to insist the "winning Tennessee culture" was what these guys should've committed to........ they were unborn to in grade school when the program was really winning. If you want to insist they "committed to the T" then so did Fulmer, certainly, and the coaches........ but we terminated them (and needed to) and that's fine?

Relationships are not always perfect, ESPECIALLY for younger people. Few end up with their first love, few end up with their first major, few end up with their first job.......

Why can we terminate coaches and entire coaching staffs and still be "all in for Tennessee?"

It needed burning down. It was burnt down. Admin burnt it down, but perhaps the players didn't sign on for that. Can you blame them? They didn't burn it down, admin did. Admin broke commitments to numerous people....... good for the goose, good for the gander.
So he's free to go. The transfer portal is there for him. He's free to use it. Enough of the social media BS. Just decide what you want then just do it. The free me crap is asinine.

Reactions: DEFENDTHISHOUSE
So he's free to go. The transfer portal is there for him. He's free to use it. Enough of the social media BS. Just decide what you want then just do it. The free me crap is asinine.
That's the other part of this: Folks are insinuating he DIDN'T contact the coach.

Really? You know this? We've known very little going on, the coach is certainly new to us, but suddenly WE KNOW this player went straight to social media and didn't contact the coach first?

Sure. Y'all are full of crap. You know nothing, I know nothing of the discussions that have happened between White, Heupel, and any players.

It's about respect. You expect the players to have respect for Tennessee, but look at the respect you show the players.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
If they want to leave, leave. If they want to stay, stay. I’m interested in players who want to wear the orange of Tennessee. If they aren’t, C’est la vie. Hit the transfer portal.

Reactions: TheThrill and A.J.
Yeah, "get the hell out" sounds respectful.

What about our commitment to Jeremy Pruitt and the coaches and Coach Fulmer? We had commitments with them but it's FINE if we break those.......... but the players, oh no, they should be expected to ALWAYS stay. BS.

If it's okay for us to terminate coaches who don't meet our expectations, it's okay for players to terminate programs who don't meet their expectations.
Ha ha ha ha ha he ee ha hahs.

I'm tired of tweets.

That platform is a scourge.

People need to grow up and stop throwing out every passing emotion that hits them on social media. It doesn't help them or anyone else to share every thought they have by the minute. You can make an ass of yourself and go back and delete the post, but once it's out there, it's out there. Twatter is as much a tool for impulsive babies as it is for sharing useful info. You don't like your new situation, understood. Ask for a release/transfer whatever. If they deny you, appeal to the proper channels. Negatively shading the recruiting of your school trying to restart in a bad situation by blasting your want to get away within a few days of a new coach being installed is just immature and selfish. They have every right to want to get out of an agreement that was turned south on them, but twitter isn't the way.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back