Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's definitely picking it apart and nitpicking the offense. Questioned the size of the OL, even though that was shown to him to be incorrect. Questioned the ability of our DL to be prepared going against that smaller OL (even though they aren't smaller). Questioned the route tree of the receivers also
How do you nitpick an offense that scores so many points, and piles up so many yards?

Shoot, I'll be impressed when the QB race doesn't come down to, "uhm he can line us up and get us into the right play". That was the saddest thing I ever heard from a P5 coach. GET LINED UP?!

Just like JP's defense. Lining up correctly was half the battle. Sad.

CJH is going to have player friendly schemes I believe.
Admittedly I don't know a lot, but I couldn't figure out why JR and SR players in college could not get lined up when they do it in pee wee football.

What kind of linemen fit into his offense? Are we back to Butch’s type? Lightweights who are fast or are we looking for size?? I’ll go on record (as if it matters) that I’m 100% apathetic and will have to be won back. I love my team and will cheer for them but I’m not heavily invested anymore.

Reactions: AppStVol
What kind of linemen fit into his offense? Are we back to Butch’s type? Lightweights who are fast or are we looking for size?? I’ll go on record (as if it matters) that I’m 100% apathetic and will have to be won back. I love my team and will cheer for them but I’m not heavily invested anymore.
I'd figure somewhere in-between. Gotta be in shape and play uptempo. But he's coached at OU and mizzou. He understands P5 football. Not like he doesn't understand what is needed here.

When you get on board we’ll tell you!!!!

Kidding pretty sure I heard JH say size, to protect the QB

Someone did a comparison earlier that UCF’s OL was just as big as Tennessee’s this year.

Any lineman.

There’s no type.
You get good lineman and work with their strengths

Pretty sure JH is bringing some of his staffers. Steele, Simon and Osovet are people UT would like to keep in some capacity. Not sure how or where that fits in with JH's plans. Not a lot of enthusiasm for Chaney or Weinke. UT has already talked with Garner. I think you'll see a lot of familiarity with the hires, with an emphasis on family and stability. Deals will be structured to make guys feel comfortable. And it will send a signal to the players that UT is listening to them and addressing their concerns by bringing in guys that will stick around and invest in them and the program.

Welp, this sounded good but today less so. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back