Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness he does know his s**t it’s just he values his relationship with tee and feels like he should have gotten atleast a look and for that I respect him and he will get no bickering from me because that is his friend.
Tee is not ready to be a HC. If that's his end goal, he's either gonna have to tear it up as an OC at a big school(which he has already failed to do) or take a job at a small school and work his way up. He's not gonna step into a P5 HC gig with his current resume. That's not disrespect, that's just straight up fact.

This guy may or may not work. He has had success in this conference and else where.... People wanna say his team got worse at 6-4 in conference play id be thrilled to have went 6-4 in any f****** league. With major injuries to boot. You get bent and I will sit back and support UT while bot being a part of the toxic waste enviroment and give the guy a chance.
That 6-4 record is smoke and mirrors. He had a ton of optouts due to the Covid situation and some critical injuries. They were in every game despite all the distractions and lost 3 very close games.

That‘s why i hate to see Gray gone to OU. I think he would’ve been great in this offense. I normally don’t have a problem w/ guys transeferring, but this stuff w/ OU is pissing me off a little bit.
I'm more mad about Wanya and Key. I like EG, but I think we have kids that can fill his shoes.

Let me say this...I love Eric Gray, hate to see him go. And granted I know his stats were greatly limited by our terrible offense.

Still for his 2 year career

258 attempts 1311 yds 8 tds
43 catches 369 yds 3 tds

Wasn't like he was setting the world on fire, and most those numbers were heavily improved by 2 games. He only went over 100 yards 5 times in his 22 games here.

I'm more mad about Wanya and Key. I like EG, but I think we have kids that can fill his shoes.
You’re right. Running back is definitely a position that is easier to fill than tackle or safety, but just the fact that Gray was our best offensive player hurts from not only a production standpoint, but perception wise as well. AV did say that the transfers were due to some of the benefits stuff. I guess we’ll see.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Tee is not ready to be a HC. If that's his end goal, he's either gonna have to tear it up as an OC at a big school(which he has already failed to do) or take a job at a small school and work his way up. He's not gonna step into a P5 HC gig with his current resume. That's not disrespect, that's just straight up fact.

Not disagreeing I’m just speaking in general

2015: 14th in total offense, 14th in ppg
2016: 1st in total offense, 5th in ppg
2017: 1st in total offense, 1st in ppg
I’d say it’s adequate.
Didn’t remember the exact #’s but new it was good.
So I don’t understand the ones questioning it working here, unless they are unaware

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back