Current (and Former) Player Reactions

ok I like the style of play calling. I'm for giving him a couple to turn it around. But the administration can rot.

Reactions: Border Vol
If the young men on the team buy in, it could be a wild ride. We have a bunch of talented guys that have been craving to be coached up. Some will have a chip on their shoulders and try to prove outsiders wrong. I will give my support and loyalty to all of the guys that remained true to their signing with the Vols. Hopefully this weeks hire will burst the dark cloud that’s been hanging over our heads for the over the past decade.

This kid is a stud !!!! If given the chance in a wide open offense where the D has to play safe because of the pass this kid could be special if the small sample we saw last year is any indication. Add Small to the equation and it should be a tough pair to stop and that's not counting those we have coming in.

Pruitt moved him everywhere, which was fine. But then he settled on him at RB. We have Cody Brown, Tiyon Evans, Small and Jaylen Wright in the backfield. All explosive runners.

But, those guys can't play RB AND HB and WR... You have to use a guy like Beckwith in different spots. You don't want him carrying it 20 times a game. You want it 7-8 times. Then throw to him 4-5 times. Then let him block in the run game on the edge.

He's a flex TE that you can also hand off too.
Because he'll have a bigget impact that way.

I’m to the point where we bring this guy in, welcome him, support him and help him bring this program back! Get the twitter recruiting machine rolling and do some positive tweeting. If you’re against this hire, at least fake it and give the impression that we’re united, because for it or against it, no one that matters cares what we think. We might as well make the best of it. I’m sick of all the in fighting between fans, coaches, boosters, administration, players... At this point, the guy hasn’t lost a game at Tennessee and has a lot of things working against him. Do I think it’s a slam dunk? Maybe not. Is it the first choice I wanted? No. Am I willing to roll with him? Go Big Orange!
Losing is bad enough, without us fans adding toxicity to it.
GBO!!
Ok. I'm in. What can it hurt to give this guy a chance? It isn't like we have that much to lose but we do have a whole lot to gain. I just want to care about Saturdays in the fall again.

Ok. I'm in. What can it hurt to give this guy a chance? It isn't like we have that much to lose but we do have a whole lot to gain. I just want to care about Saturdays in the fall again.
Exactly! We have nothing to lose. Let’s give this guy a reason to want to grow, want to get better, want to win and want to be here. My boss is pretty hands off but is very encouraging and supportive. She knows mistakes are going to be made, it’s how you handle the mistakes that she pays attention to. She expects me to handle my business without having to stand over me on a daily basis. I know when I was younger, you could get a hell of a lot more out of me by encouraging or building me up than you could by riding my @$$ all the time. My point being, let’s get the hell outta this guys way and let him handle his business. If the time comes to criticize, so be it. But the criticism and bashing on day 1 is crazy. This guy walked into a complete $h!t storm and is willing to take on this task of rebuilding a once proud program, with possibly the most rabid, passionate, starved for success fans in all of sports. Let’s give him a shot before we sacrifice him to the football gods. If he doesn’t get the job done, we do it again in a few years. This program needs stability and it should start with a stable fan base. I’ve said that it’s put up or shut up time for this football program and I think you could say the same for us as fans.
GBO!!

Exactly! We have nothing to lose. Let’s give this guy a reason to want to grow, want to get better, want to win and want to be here. My boss is pretty hands off but is very encouraging and supportive. She knows mistakes are going to be made, it’s how you handle the mistakes that she pays attention to. She expects me to handle my business without having to stand over me on a daily basis. I know when I was younger, you could get a hell of a lot more out of me by encouraging or building me up than you could by riding my @$$ all the time. My point being, let’s get the hell outta this guys way and let him handle his business. If the time comes to criticize, so be it. But the criticism and bashing on day 1 is crazy. This guy walked into a complete $h!t storm and is willing to take on this task of rebuilding a once proud program, with possibly the most rabid, passionate, starved for success fans in all of sports. Let’s give him a shot before we sacrifice him to the football gods. If he doesn’t get the job done, we do it again in a few years. This program needs stability and it should start with a stable fan base. I’ve said that it’s put up or shut up time for this football program and I think you could say the same for us as fans.
GBO!!

+1000

Reactions: munsterlander
I agree I am all in as a fan, they got my support. I will be looking to see improvement and strides being made on the field. GBO!

How many former players went all-in in support of Dooley, Jones and Pruitt. Frankly, their support means nothing given the track records of the Tennessee coaches they have stood in support of, and railed on fans who dared criticized the hires.
Thought you were going to answer that question? How about a few examples?

I'm at the point honestly where I really don't care what's being said anymore. Tweets carry no weight with me. Don't talk about it. Be about it!

Reactions: patrick
I'm at the point honestly where I really don't care what's being said anymore. Tweets carry no weight with me. Don't talk about it. Be about it!
That too. But there’s interest in their reactions from many of us...beg your indulgence and patience.

VN Store

Back