'21 GA WR Julian Nixon (Tennessee signee)

I had never thought of him moving to defense. Definitely has the size for linebacker.

With the departure of Jeremy Pruitt, the future is clouded for several signees. Julian Nixon, who inked with the Vols back in December, wants to be a Vol but is playing the wait-and-see approach right now.

“I was mad. I don’t think any of it is true because I never witnessed any of it firsthand,” Nixon said of Pruitt’s firing. “We never went up there because of COVID. I don’t know how to feel.

“I was expecting coach Pruitt to be my coach. Now, I’ve got to wait and see who the coach is.”

Nixon isn’t a prospect anymore and because he signed with Tennessee, it would be difficult to gain a release from his National Letter of Intent.

Understandably, this is how some in the class are feeling. But Nixon was adamant about wanting to be a Volunteer.

“I’m signed there and I’m going there for right now - unless something bad changes," Nixon said. "But again, I’ve got to see who comes in and how the offense looks. But, I want to play for Tennessee.”

-VQ

That’s fair. I wish Brooks would have done the same but I don’t blame any of these kids for their decisions.
Brooks was always tied to Pruitt, unfortunately. He almost didn’t sign early because of the uncertainty. Not sure why he changed his mind about signing, to be honest. Nothing happened that should have given explicit confidence that JP was 100% returning. If he was signing with a coach and not a school, he was a fool to sign early.

Brooks was always tied to Pruitt, unfortunately. He almost didn’t sign early because of the uncertainty. Not sure why he changed his mind about signing, to be honest. Nothing happened that should have given explicit confidence that JP was 100% returning. If he was signing with a coach and not a school, he was a fool to sign early.
when you have Beevus and Butthead both reassuring him that Beevus is returning as head coach... I feel bad for him

when you have Beevus and Butthead both reassuring him that Beevus is returning as head coach... I feel bad for him
I don’t. There are two signing periods. If in doubt, wait it out. Especially for a kid as talented and well-thought of as Brooks. No one was going to pass on him if he didn’t sign early. Certainly not a school as bereft of talent as Tennessee.

I don’t. There are two signing periods. If in doubt, wait it out. Especially for a kid as talented and well-thought of as Brooks. No one was going to pass on him if he didn’t sign early. Certainly not a school as bereft of talent as Tennessee.
So do we let him out and save face or wait till a new head coach is hired to see if possibility to salvage this?

Almost like he was promised things.... hmm

Reactions: TennMan101
So do we let him out and save face or wait till a new head coach is hired to see if possibility to salvage this?
I mean, it doesn't really matter. He will appeal if we don't release him and will win based on our sanctions and COVID, most likely, so we just end up looking scorned in the end. Probably best to avoid any further negative press and just cut him loose.

Reactions: sierraorange
Campbell has already made it in at TE.
We don't use them that much.

And this kid was going to be a TE.

Good luck young man 👍

VN Store

Back