Current (and Former) Player Reactions

You have to see it from a player's perspective.

For all of us, Tennessee football is entertainment. We're engaged, but not committed. We do as much as we have fun doing, and not one bit more.

For the players and coaches, Tennessee football is their life. Their profession, for the coaches. Their internship, for the players. They are committed. They get up at 5 and go work out before classes whether they feel like it or not. They work through cuts, bruises, injuries, sickness, freezing cold and stifling heat, whether they feel like it or not.

We are outsiders. To them. Lifelong fans, but still outsiders. Lovable outsiders (well, some of us), but still outsiders.
Who am I to question the parents and players. If they are happy then I am happy.

They literally have to be. Whats the alternative? A current player criticizes their new head coach? Imagine how that would go over in the locker room.
Don’t take offense to this but “that’s a brilliant deduction you achieved there Andy Wilson”😂😂😳😂

No kidding! I watched games where our defense would fight like hell to get us the ball back either to watch the parades of 3 and outs! Or a fumble or pick 6! You could watch the air and care leave them
Yep quick 3 and outs and pick 6's will wear a defense down eventually. We gave up some big plays but our offense did the defense no favors this past season. If we had of had a top 50 offense we would have fared much better, our defense lived on the field. GBO!

How many former players went all-in in support of Dooley, Jones and Pruitt. Frankly, their support means nothing given the track records of the Tennessee coaches they have stood in support of, and railed on fans who dared criticized the hires.

Reactions: yabbadabbado
Agree. Positivity breeds positivity so I’m behind him. I’m at the point where I will support him until he is no longer a Volunteer’s coach as I don’t play the games, I don’t coach and I do not have any impact on the program’s success.
There is so much negativity in this world and i lm electing to control my emotions and be positive. I sound like my mother, God rest her soul.

YAAASSS!!

You’ve earned a drink when I’m tailgating next.

Jalin Hyatt, Velus Jones, Dee Beckwith, Jabari Small, Cody Brown, Tiyon Evans, Miles Campbell, Len'Neth Whitehead, Jimmy Holiday & Calloway, Malachi Wideman,
Princeton Fant, Jaylen Wright, Julian Nixon, along with Salter, Hooker and Bailey
And any other young men who choose to wear the orange that says that you are a Volunteer.

Reactions: kcvols1
They literally have to be. Whats the alternative? A current player criticizes their new head coach? Imagine how that would go over in the locker room.
Lot of them in the past stay silent...lots of great options. 😏

VN Store

Back