Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to believe I really do. Just go check out the UCF 247 message boards. They are happy...

Cincy fans were happy about Butch leaving so yeah I get that concern. But even Butch was close to breaking out here and having a huge season. Just coached too scared in 2015 (which JH certainly won't do) and made a huge error in changing the Strength staff (which had done an awesome job, in 2015 we went toe to toe with everyone)

I would like to see the roster yesterday, the day before our first game this fall, and three years from now when we are playing for a Natty, I am assuming the talent gets a lot better and deeper. Might be something to sticky and refer back to it. The average number of stars in those rosters would also be interesting.

I know you’re upset. Heupel wasn’t who we wanted but he’s a much better HC than the last few coaches we’ve had. No reason he can’t beat Pitt, Mizzou and UK this fall. Those aren’t automatic losses. And he’s already beaten Kiffin a couple times, that’s a toss up game as well.

Anyone that's counting any of those 4 as automatic Ls are just being negative to be negative. Sure count UF, Bama and UGA as automatic Ls. But Mizzou (who we creamed last year with PRUITT) Kentucky (we still own them, don't care what anyone says) Ole Miss (like you said, Heuple is firmilar with whooping Lane Kiffin) and Pitt ( lol ACC team. Plus Heuple was 1-1 against them, the loss was close. The win wasnt. He now has way more talent here to play against them.) So you could make easy arguments why all 4 of those are winnable

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Why do you hate the hire so much? I thought you’d like Heupel. Top 5 offenses, develops QB’s very well. Obviously he needs a good dc and some good recruiters on staff but he’s clearly better than Pruitt. What’s the problem other than the obvious we thought we were getting a whale?

I was there. The stadium was not anywhere close to 80% empty. Are you insane?
From my vantage point, yes. high in FF, there were 3 or 4 other people in our entire row, with small groups in front of us throughout our section in the upper deck. Couldn't see the east side lower deck, but by that point, the entire west side was quite sparse as well. to be fair, my percentages may be off a bit 20 years later, but we're splitting hairs. It's a pattern. I appreciate that the same thing happens at other schools (Bama when they were down), I just don't think people realize how individual actions quickly become collective actions and how pervasive and deflating negativity can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back