staff could prolly look something like

HC: Heupel
OC/QB: Jeff Lebby
DC: Kevin Steele OR Zach Arnett
RB: Montario Hardesty
WR: Kodi Burns
TE/ST: Alex Golesh
OL: Glen Elerbee
DL: Rodney Garner (I think we could get him even without Steele)
LB: Mike Stoops
DB: Ryan Smith
S: Bill Busch

sweet mercy that spin coming back!

I just got one question: can Glen Elerbee actually coach blocking schemes and techniques?

I didn't advocate making him HC. I'm glad he's moving on to find opportunities elsewhere, and I wish him success. Right now, UT is... well, people can pick their adjective.
I completely agree. Whatever he did would honestly NEVER be enough to get him ahead in some minds. He struggled as a coach here, but I think he can be a successful coach.

Reactions: MrVolton and LA Vol
He didn't expect to be considered for the Head Coach job.

He wanted to stay on the staff and it is apparent he has been told that won't happen. He waited around through Jeremy Pruitt chastizing both he and Graham for not taking the pay cuts because he loves the university and wanted to stick around. Fulmer made him some assurances that he knew wouldn't be honored once Phillip was fired, but he turned down other opportunities anyway to wait and see who the next coach would be.

He and Heupel have some beef, apparently, and separate from that point, it appears Heupel has another coach in mind for the WR coach spot. That's life in this business. But it does come with some hurt feelings for a guy who has never felt like he was truly appreciated here.
I'm confused. Tee/ Jay were the only 2 who took pay cuts.

No one is turning on Tee. We don't like that he is stirring up drama on the day that a new coach is hired. Really simple. Go back and read the celebrations the day Tee was hired and the day Jay was hired. We love those guys. We don't want drama because Tee, who isn't qualified for this job, is mad online that he didn't get it.
Tee hasn't said anything, that was Peerless

Reactions: SmokinBob
I mean to me Tee is an Andy Kelly, a bit higher imo since he got us a Natty.

But Tee as a QB isn't on the same page as Peyton Manning or even Casey Clausen. And unfortunately for Tee when he did finally return to coach here it wasn't the right horse to hitch his wagon to. I truly think he should stepdown to a G5 as the OC and/or HC and just wait for his opportunity.

I hate saying this, because he was the QB on our only modern era championship team, but if he thinks he deserves Peyton Manning-type adulation from UT fans, then he has delusions of grandeur. Tee is loved by this fanbase and welcomed with open arms every time he's on campus - I really hope he thinks he isn't hated or something like that.

To answer your question (I know you asked it rhetorically), yes. I think he thinks we're supposed to salivate over him because he played at a really prominent position on an undefeated, national title-winning team. Even though he didn't carry that team, even though he wasn't the best player on that team, and even though someone like Peyton Manning is loved also because of things he did in his NFL career. The game was different in those days and you didn't necessarily have to have eye-popping stats from a QB in order to win.

Every time his name was in play here to come back we were all on board. Allegedly his wife wanted wanted a singing career and it was beneficial for them to be in LA. We've always wanted him back here when the opportunity presented itself. However, I think after a couple of years here, some people realized that maybe there are a lot better WR coaches out there. Its not a slight of liking him as a person, but we want to win and he's not an elite coach.

This is a lot of the reason why I'm not a huge fan of mixing family (former players) and business. Very rarely does it end well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back