Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he has regressed every year he has coached. Scott Frost was the one who built UCF. Heupel was slowly tearing it down, statistically. Look at his record.
Wait..on offense that is a complete and utter lie, and a stupid way of saying it.."slowly tearing it down"...that is ******** if you actually look at their games instead of one freaky years record.

I'm not going to go down this road. I have my opinion of the situation.

I don't care if it's Tee Martin or whoever, I don't like all you coach worshipping dorks turning on guys who played here just because a new coach has determined they are expendable. Same thing happened when Butch was hired with Tee and Jay.

Same thing happened after Pruitt's first year with Terry Fair.

Same thing is happening now with Phillip Fulmer.
No one is turning on Tee. We don't like that he is stirring up drama on the day that a new coach is hired. Really simple. Go back and read the celebrations the day Tee was hired and the day Jay was hired. We love those guys. We don't want drama because Tee, who isn't qualified for this job, is mad online that he didn't get it.

I've taken his side more times than not. Butch and Dooley both yanked him around and ended up driving Amari to Clemson. That strengthened the pipeline that cost us Higgins and other players. Pruitt did what Pruitt does and infighting within his staff put Tee and Jay on the outs when they were trying to help UT. So much of the time UT reaps what it sows.
I can imagine that a place (the University and fans) that you love so much either doesn't love you as much in return or actively hurts you would suck badly.

He doesn't get the credit he deserves as a player, but he also shouldn't be rewarded as a coach for what he did as a player.

Very complicated.

He's never felt the love from the fanbase that he thinks he deserves - and I think he's right to a degree.
We absolutely love Tee. We just don't want him as HC because he is incredibly unqualified. If he really thinks that, he needs to get over himself.

Very complicated.

He's never felt the love from the fanbase that he thinks he deserves - and I think he's right to a degree.

He has a street named after him and most people have never really said anything bad about him as a person, so I'm not sure what his issue would be. He's been a position coach for 11 years now and there's a reason for that. He's a great recruiter and an average coach. That 98 team was stacked. Are we just supposed to salivate over the fact that he was the qb for that team? I have no problem with him but im not sure what else we as a fanbase are supposed to do?

No one is turning on Tee. We don't like that he is stirring up drama on the day that a new coach is hired. Really simple. Go back and read the celebrations the day Tee was hired and the day Jay was hired. We love those guys. We don't want drama because Tee, who isn't qualified for this job, is mad online that he didn't get it.

No kidding. Who here is happy Jay is leaving and Tee is upset? I’m not.

Very complicated.

I think he's always felt that way going back to his playing days. It's not his fault he just happened to be the next QB after the most popular QB in school history

Reactions: 4chrissy
I've literally been clamoring for Jay to stay all morning. There's been enough out there about Tee's struggles to make me question whether he should stay. But I want Jay here.

Exactly, most here would love both to remain on staff. However if Heupel doesn't see them as fits then he needs to do what is best. I think Phil made promises to Tee about being a HC in waiting, but its just not going to happen. Tee also did himself no favors if the rumors about him not showing up to staff meetings and basically just saying F it. Thats on him.

I've taken his side more times than not. Butch and Dooley both yanked him around and ended up driving Amari to Clemson. That strengthened the pipeline that cost us Higgins and other players. Pruitt did what Pruitt does and infighting within his staff put Tee and Jay on the outs when they were trying to help UT. So much of the time UT reaps what it sows.

Kingston said the something about the fanbase not loving him like he feels we should and every mention you just made was with former coaches here. I don't get it.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back