Barnes offense is hot trash.....

Define hot trash. "Trash" is a strong term to use for college athletes.
When did I say anything about college athletes being trash? I said Barnes offense is trash. I think his defense is great but offense is trash. There is a difference. Go be a clown on another thread. You see what I did there lol.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
When did I say anything about college athletes being trash? I said Barnes offense is trash. I think his defense is great but offense is trash. There is a difference. Go be a clown on another thread. You see what I did there lol.
Your post and knowledge is really something!

Remember how well Fulkerson played against Kentucky in Rupp near the end of last season? Where has his game gone?
I do, and wish I knew.... My frustration w/ Fulk this year tho is the lack of work he's put in during the offseasons. Some guys are unfortunately just not able to put on enough weight to add muscle, but he's not one of those guys. If he had worked hard on his body during his time here he wouldn't constantly be getting pushed around and being a mop.

Being frail is one thing but he also came in out of shape this year. Imo inexcusable especially for a senior

I do, and wish I knew.... My frustration w/ Fulk this year tho is the lack of work he's put in during the offseasons. Some guys are unfortunately just not able to put on enough weight to add muscle, but he's not one of those guys. If he had worked hard on his body during his time here he wouldn't constantly be getting pushed around and being a mop.

Being frail is one thing but he also came in out of shape this year. Imo inexcusable especially for a senior
No one is really talking openly about it, but I think he showed signs of it last night. His wrist/thumb has been busted up for the past 6 games i believe it is. He and vescovi are deal with lingering issues, and of course spring has a bum wheel.

No one is really talking openly about it, but I think he showed signs of it last night. His wrist/thumb has been busted up for the past 6 games i believe it is. He and vescovi are deal with lingering issues, and of course spring has a bum wheel.
I understand.. again my frustration comes from the work he's put in on his body. If he had 10-15 lbs of good muscle he would still be mobile but wouldn't be constantly getting pushed around. I'm not trying to single him out on the teams recent struggles, but he had a lot of upside when he came in, if he had just worked harder in the offseason. JMO

I understand.. again my frustration comes from the work he's put in on his body. If he had 10-15 lbs of good muscle he would still be mobile but wouldn't be constantly getting pushed around. I'm not trying to single him out on the teams recent struggles, but he had a lot of upside when he came in, if he had just worked harder in the offseason. JMO

There was a lot of work that was badly missed due to Covid-19. He and Pons needed work, but couldn't get in much. Vescovi was stuck at home, so he couldn't refine things early with the staff. I believe it would have been similar to last year with fulky if he wasn't banged up. Start a little slow, then come on strong in SEC play. We are seeing the similar progression in Pons' shot right now.

Doubt it.....we are not an offensive team. There's common sense for you
Just not a sunshine pumper like some of you that accept mediocrity for $5M a year salary. I like CRB but definitely have questions regarding his offensive schemes as well as his inability to recruit a decent post player while wasting scholarships on players with DII talent.

Just not a sunshine pumper like some of you that accept mediocrity for $5M a year salary. I like CRB but definitely have questions regarding his offensive schemes as well as his inability to recruit a decent post player while wasting scholarships on players with DII talent.

$5 million/year has absolutely nothing to do with any argument. That’s simply the market for HoF coaches at this time. Constantly going back to that reflects envy, jealousy, and simple minded narratives.

No scholarships have been wasted. Not a single recruit has been told, sorry we don’t have a scholarship available so you can’t come to TN.

$5 million/year has absolutely nothing to do with any argument. That’s simply the market for HoF coaches at this time. Constantly going back to that reflects envy, jealousy, and simple minded narratives.

No scholarships have been wasted. Not a single recruit has been told, sorry we don’t have a scholarship available so you can’t come to TN.
The 5 million complaints grind my gears. Paying to keep an elite coach around is one of the BEST things the UT athletic department has done in years. Just because he doesn't win 35 games every year does not mean it was not the right move

The 5 million complaints grind my gears. Paying to keep an elite coach around is one of the BEST things the UT athletic department has done in years. Just because he doesn't win 35 games every year does not mean it was not the right move

A Google search new hire in a P-5 conference is going to make north of $3 million. Calipari and K are making about double $5 million.

I don’t have the numbers, but I’m guessing after this year is over Tennessee will rank very high in total wins over the last 6 years (when Barnes took over). We are viewed as a Top 15-20 program nationally by most, not sure how you consider that to be mediocrity?

Our offense would be wonderful if the players could just hit shots. If you can’t make shots, all offenses look like crap.

Reactions: BreatheUT

So in other words what we pay for coaches means nothing? Do you not agree that with an exorbitant salary and being one of the highest paid coaches in the country comes a certain level of expectations on the court? Wasted scholarships ( Pember, Anosike, Plavisc)

So in other words what we pay for coaches means nothing? Do you not agree that with an exorbitant salary and being one of the highest paid coaches in the country comes a certain level of expectations on the court? Wasted scholarships ( Pember, Anosike, Plavisc)
For me, I'd be a lot more upset if the AD was too skittish to spend money to get or to keep an elite basketball coach than I'd be if they are a tad too cavalier in spending money to do the same thing

I don’t have the numbers, but I’m guessing after this year is over Tennessee will rank very high in total wins over the last 6 years (when Barnes took over). We are viewed as a Top 15-20 program nationally by most, not sure how you consider that to be mediocrity?
Basketball is a tournament sport. We have 1 sweet 16 to show for paying a coach $5M. Again, I love coach Barnes and what he has done for our program , however, I’m Not sure we’re getting our moneys worth. If he reaches a Final 4 this year or next, I might change my mind.

For me, I'd be a lot more upset if the AD was too skittish to spend money to get or to keep an elite basketball coach than I'd be if they are a tad too cavalier in spending money to do the same thing
Believe it or not if Fulmer had been the decision maker on keeping Barnes he would be at UCLA right now. Randy Boyd is to thank for that not happening

Bargain bin coaches wouldn’t have Keon Johnson, Jaden Springer, and Kim English in the program with Kennedy Chandler and Jahmai Mashack on their way and having Banchero and Smith within a whisker of committing. They’d have Uros and Ticket in the starting 5 as underclassmen.

How much should a coach that is now having TN ranked most of the time and have them at number 1 for the longest stint in program history be compensated... less than market value? With Kyle Alexander in the game CRB would have doubled TN’s EE appearances. TN is now in the 90-95th percentile of college basketball programs if you want to talk math.

Come around a little more often and you might learn more about basketball.
Basketball is a tournament sport. We have 1 sweet 16 to show for paying a coach $5M. Again, I love coach Barnes and what he has done for our program , however, I’m Not sure we’re getting our moneys worth. If he reaches a Final 4 this year or next, I might change my mind.
The whole world will be watching your opinion.

Reactions: SoullessGinger32_

VN Store

Back