Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heupel will kill it here, I’m excited. He’s the highest upside candidate on the board. It would have been nice to get a more sure thing like Campbell, and the defensive coordinator/recruiting staff hires will be important. Offense rules football, and we may have just hired the best offensive coach in college football.

Let's also note this: the QB is the most important piece and we have 3 really good QB's on this roster. One might even be special. Get Ty Simpson and keep that ball rolling. Then who knows, maybe he lands Arch? If this offense is doing what it's capable of, maybe Uncle Peyton helps us out
Do you know how easy his offense is to learn? How soon should we reasonably expect to start seeing real improvement?

Not compared to Pruitt, just compared to better-than-average SEC HCs. We all know Pruitt was bad. I'm excited about the different. But if that's all he has going for him. . . I haven't been a fan of any of the coaching hires since Fulmer was let go. What's different for me this time is that I got my hopes up when we got a high-quality AD.

Oh well. The offense should be fun for a while; longer if he can recruit. Hope I'm surprised about the rest.
I had finally caved and accepted the reality that Pruitt was returning. Been a slow unfolding from the fetal position. This could end up udder disaster and still be better.

Irony is thick with what I just heard on Full ride. TAlking Hugh Freeze to UCF would be a home run, and they end up with a better hire than UT. SMH.
I would have loved a Feeze hire. However, neither Auburn nor South Carolina sniffed Freeze. With the NCAA investigation going on, I don't see how we could have either.

My biggest concern is how will Heupel handle things if they get tough. Butch crumbled. Heupel comes from a winning background and has played and coach at high level and high stress jobs. Hope this job doesn't prove to be too big for him
He just has to show progress. Just don't be a disaster and he'll be alright.

I’m excited about the high octane offense - but I want to see it to believe it. We were also expecting Pruitt to establish a lockdown elite defense.

I’m on board with this hire, but I want to see it first. I won’t get excited until expectations manifest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back