NCAA Will Hammer VOLS

Thread starter doesn't have a freakin clue what they will do, I doubt they hammer them since they caught it and if they do the NCAA will have a lot of answering as to why LSU,North Carolina and Miami got nothing but a mere slap on the wrist when they caught them red handed. GBO!!!!

jeremy will land an analyst job on nick's staff for a couple of hundred thousand in walking around money. He has millions banked from UT plus several huge mansions.

Reactions: Border Vol
From Dorsey - long - that he sent me from someone he knows!

From the DawgVent, guy says his buddy is a big Tenn booster who gave this info. Nothing earth-shattering or completely new, but a plausible summary.

Background Anecdote
A Vol beat writer (I’m leaving his name out) became a friend of Pruitt’s, who apparently had very few in Knoxville. A year or so back, he went to a golf tournament in Georgia with Pruitt and on the way back, Pruitt stopped at a bank to make a huge withdrawal. They and dropped it off with a contact to make direct payments throughout Georgia. Pruitt was paying these kids out of his own pocket in many instances. Beat writer obviously didn’t care too much, but was at pretty shocked at how brazen the Vols were being about. This story was told to my buddy by the writer.

Pay-for-Play

Niedermeyer and Pruitt were the ones paying players directly. Niedermeyer got sloppy and gave Brian Maurer his credit card to take recruits to a strip club. Brian got drunk and left the card there, so receipts were sent to Athletics to ensure they got paid.

News of the pay for play issues came out during TA&M week. To-oto-o and Eric Gray were told to to sit by compliance, but Pruitt said to hell with it, didn’t care about the compliance staff, and let them play. Pruitt laughed off compliance on multiple occasions apparently.

The reason the investigation happened is that Trey Smith's (OL) sister Ashley Smith, who is an Asst. AD for UT, heard a discussion between players and Niedermeyer about cash and informed a compliance officer. That officer had been getting **** on by Pruitt for not sitting players and heading warnings, so the officer went directly to Chancellor Donde instead of Pruitt or Fulmer, because Fulmer was also complicit. Donde proactively brought in the outside firm to try to mitigate the damage.

Fulmer was the confidential informant on Bama in 1995 which lead to their probation. This is why Bama has such intense disdain for Fulmer over everybody else. It's also this knowledge that lead UT to let him retire so they could pay his $1MM to keep his mouth shut.

UT has been trying to get Pruitt for cause since early in the season. They were trying to get him for not following COVID protocols, but couldn’t get anything to stick. Tee Martin leaked the investigation to the press because he hates Pruitt…context, Tee Martin was forced on Pruitt by Fulmer. Martin doesn’t actually coach, he just recruits and hangs out with players. He didn’t even show up to his first coaching meeting, and was found in his office asleep with Netflix on in the background. LOL. Pruitt hates him, and Tee hates Pruitt. Tee saw a chance to stick it to Pruitt in the public eye and did.

There have now been 50+ known major violations verified and rising.

Vols gonna get hammered

Even if this is true, partly true, or simply BS, there was no lack of institutional control. We (UT) found out about it, investigated it, and fired the guilty parties. If anything, the NCAA should give us a prize.

3-7

8 losing seasons out of the past 13

Players leaving in droves

Hire “one of the best” AD’s in the country and he has to go 6 deep on his coaching list......and pick up the guy he hired at his previous job.

But it’s the NCAA that is going to “hammer” Tennessee?

I still firmly believe this is Pruitt’s and Fulmer’s mess........but Tennessee has been hammering themselves for many years now.

Reactions: LittleVol

From the DawgVent, guy says his buddy is a big Tenn booster who gave this info. Nothing earth-shattering or completely new, but a plausible summary.

Background Anecdote
A Vol beat writer (I’m leaving his name out) became a friend of Pruitt’s, who apparently had very few in Knoxville. A year or so back, he went to a golf tournament in Georgia with Pruitt and on the way back, Pruitt stopped at a bank to make a huge withdrawal. They and dropped it off with a contact to make direct payments throughout Georgia. Pruitt was paying these kids out of his own pocket in many instances. Beat writer obviously didn’t care too much, but was at pretty shocked at how brazen the Vols were being about. This story was told to my buddy by the writer.

Pay-for-Play

Niedermeyer and Pruitt were the ones paying players directly. Niedermeyer got sloppy and gave Brian Maurer his credit card to take recruits to a strip club. Brian got drunk and left the card there, so receipts were sent to Athletics to ensure they got paid.

News of the pay for play issues came out during TA&M week. To-oto-o and Eric Gray were told to to sit by compliance, but Pruitt said to hell with it, didn’t care about the compliance staff, and let them play. Pruitt laughed off compliance on multiple occasions apparently.

The reason the investigation happened is that Trey Smith's (OL) sister Ashley Smith, who is an Asst. AD for UT, heard a discussion between players and Niedermeyer about cash and informed a compliance officer. That officer had been getting **** on by Pruitt for not sitting players and heading warnings, so the officer went directly to Chancellor Donde instead of Pruitt or Fulmer, because Fulmer was also complicit. Donde proactively brought in the outside firm to try to mitigate the damage.

Fulmer was the confidential informant on Bama in 1995 which lead to their probation. This is why Bama has such intense disdain for Fulmer over everybody else. It's also this knowledge that lead UT to let him retire so they could pay his $1MM to keep his mouth shut.

UT has been trying to get Pruitt for cause since early in the season. They were trying to get him for not following COVID protocols, but couldn’t get anything to stick. Tee Martin leaked the investigation to the press because he hates Pruitt…context, Tee Martin was forced on Pruitt by Fulmer. Martin doesn’t actually coach, he just recruits and hangs out with players. He didn’t even show up to his first coaching meeting, and was found in his office asleep with Netflix on in the background. LOL. Pruitt hates him, and Tee hates Pruitt. Tee saw a chance to stick it to Pruitt in the public eye and did.

Vols gonna get hammered
Well he sucked at playing the pay for play game. Maybe he didn’t pay enough.

I believe this type of stuff to be true, even if this particular story isn't true. I also believe Pruitt and Bama were out to get back at UT for all of the drama from the 90s and what better way to do it than earn millions of dollars to sabotage UT and ensure that they stay down and suck, literally getting paid millions to do it. People call this a conspriacy theory. It's Bama we're talking about. They will literally do anything and everything to stay on top. Anything. Including, but not limited to, completely ruining other programs.

Honestly, I don't really see the NCAA absolutely hammering us. We were completely open with them by inviting them to take part in the investigation (Smart move? Time will tell.) and we immediately fired all guilty parties involved after the the findings of the investigation. I think the hiring of DW helps as well.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but what else could you ask a school to do, as far as addressing the issues?

Background Anecdote

Pay-for-Play

Vols gonna get hammered
Gray didn't play in the A&M game. HT did.

If some of these things were true I wouldn't be shocked at all but Eric gray did not play against A&M. To'oto did play but not gray.

Background Anecdote

Pay-for-Play

Vols gonna get hammered

So now that the coaching search is over we are switching over to NCAA sanctions fan fiction?

Cool Cool Cool

Background Anecdote

Pay-for-Play

Vols gonna get hammered
A lot of this has been rumored on this board. The stuff about T and Smiths sister.

That is why Tennessee went and got big time lawyers. The only 2 names mentioned that did anything wrong was Pruitt and Niedermeyer if this was wide spread mayhem that included booster or any other people that were not football people yes you could say that Tennessee would possible be in big trouble. If you look at SMU, Ole Miss, or USC there was benefits from people that were not football people. If these lawyers can take and hang this all on Pruitt and Niedermeyer which the evidence from the start has not revealed anybody attached to The University beyond the football people then I think Tennessee gets a slap on the wrist and Pruitt and Niedermeyer will be the ones getting hammered.

VN Store

Back