The state of Tennessee football and the future

VFL 24/7

Legend
Let me start by saying this was the WORST coup I've ever seen. Below is what we have done to ourselves:
- Snitched on ourselves to fire Pruitt with cause
- Made the job unattractive by snitching on ourselves and having potential heavy sanctions coming
- Paid an AD the most in the SEC to hire the same guy he already hired at a AAC school (Frost was the reason UCF was good)
- Set ourselves back another 3-4 years when we have to fire this new coach - just like the last 3
-Paying UCF $6 million in buyouts

What was the point of all of this? Why not just fire pruitt, pay his buyout, and hire a quality proven coach with no sanctions?

I live down in Florida, and I know multiple people that went to UCF, and all I have got from them is texts saying "thank you" and "good luck".

This guy has regressed UCF since he took over. He cannot recruit, that is why UCF fans don't care he is leaving. They're 7th in the AAC in recruiting and have the most attractive school in that conference, by FAR. Look, I am not trying to bring more negativity to this board, but this was by far the most bizzare, worst, and incompetent coup I have ever seen. I really hope I eat crow on this, but the last 10 years tells me I probably won't. We are done as a program until we have boosters and ADMIN at the university that take football seriously like our rivals do. Honestly, they don't give damn because our fans are so loyal and will still pour money into this dumpster fire. Rant over. It's great to be a Tennessee Orange Knight

Whatever it took to get rid of Cornbread and Phil Fulmer i'm damn glad that they did it! I'm also glad that Danny White is Athletic Director and glad that Josh Heupel will be head football coach for at the very least the next 4-5 seasons.

Whatever it took to get rid of Cornbread and Phil Fulmer i'm damn glad that they did it!
Like I said, I was all on board of getting rid of Pruitt. I'm saying why would we not just fire him and pay him so our job is still attractive and we can get a proven Power 5 winner?

Let me start by saying this was the WORST coup I've ever seen. Below is what we have done to ourselves:
- Made the job unattractive by snitching on ourselves and having potential heavy sanctions coming
- Paid an AD the most in the SEC to hire the same guy he already hired at a AAC school (Frost was the reason UCF was good)
- Set ourselves back another 3-4 years when we have to fire this new coach - just like the last 3

What was the point of all of this? Why not just fire pruitt, pay his buyout, and hire a quality proven coach with no sanctions?

I live down in Florida, and I know multiple people that went to UCF, and all I have got from them is texts saying "thank you" and "good luck".

This guy has regressed UCF since he took over. He cannot recruit, that is why UCF fans don't care he is leaving. They're 7th in the AAC in recruiting and have the most attractive school in that conference, by FAR. Look, I am not trying to bring more negativity to this board, but this was by far the most bizzare, worst, and incompetent coup I have ever seen. I really hope I eat crow on this, but the last 10 years tells me I probably won't. We are done as a program until we have boosters and ADMIN at the university that take football seriously like our rivals do. Honestly, they don't give damn because our fans are so loyal and will still pour money into this dumpster fire. Rant over. It's great to be a Tennessee Orange Knight
Loyal fans who criticize everything people that know a hell of alot more than the fans do, they throw out opinions as facts and cuss and fuss if someone has a different opinion, fuss about the administration the fans need to look at themselves in the mirror

Loyal fans who criticize everything people that know a hell of alot more than the fans do, they throw out opinions as facts and cuss and fuss if someone has a different opinion, fuss about the administration the fans need to look at themselves in the mirror
Yeah it's the "fans fault" we have been the laughing stock of CFB the last decade. You need to wake up and see the people running our program need to look in the mirror.

Like I said, I was all on board of getting rid of Pruitt. I'm saying why would we not just fire him and pay him so our job is still attractive and we can get a proven Power 5 winner?
The looming NCAA penalties have made the job even more unattractive and i think Danny White was rejected by all the top shelf candidates and probably others as well.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Why is it so hard to understand? We didn't snitch, evidently someone with evidence was going to the NCAA. If we don't self report and fire Pruitt and Fulmer we could be hit with lack of institutional control. From what I have read Mims and Brumbaugh could have taken us down. For the count.

Yeah it's the "fans fault" we have been the laughing stock of CFB the last decade. You need to wake up and see the people running our program need to look in the mirror.

Nobody is saying that. The fanbase has been the only thing keeping this program standing. The program is on life support. If the fans continue with toxicity to this hire then they are effectively pulling the plug themselves. The current leadership went after the whales and got turned down because of the current situation here. It is 100% the administration fault but it is the reality of the situation. Fans can try to help or choose to hurt the program by the toxicity against CJH.

Realistic expectations for the current situation is needed. We want titles but we need to be consistently competitive first. We have losing record since 2008. TN can be a top 10 job, in this moment today it is not seen that way by the people that matter.. the HC's the fans want to come here.

Reactions: Border Vol
You're not a very smart person are you🤣 j/k you are i say that so I don't have to talk to you anymore...have a good day buddy

The looming NCAA penalties have made the job even more unattractive and i think Danny White was rejected by all the top shelf candidates and probably others as well.
That was the point of my thread? Read the bullet points. We (the admin) did this to ourselves. We made this job more unnattractive by snitching instead of paying a buyout

That was the point of my thread? Read the bullet points. We (the admin) did this to ourselves. We made this job more unnattractive by snitching instead of paying a buyout
I think paying the buyout wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference

Fulmer and Pruitt are off the hill that’s the silver lining. With a fresh AD and HC maybe we can make some progress.

-Paying UCF $6 million in buyouts

This is you right now

Get a grip. Let's see where we are at in 3 years. It'll be a hell of a lot better than it has been.

It's fairly apparent that some of you all got participation trophies in sports when you were youths. What a bunch of cry babies, when you don't get what you want. :rolleyes:

The future of Tennessee football? Personally I'd be satisfied to get back to the 1980s-90s era when the chance of an NC was not outside the realm of possibility, but more importantly, the Vols were considered a perennial challenge for any team. We've gone from that to being everybody's wish for a homecoming foe.

Reactions: Moped

VN Store

Back