Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked my OU buddy about this. There was a bottleneck. Stoops chose to go with Riley.
OU was actually struggling due to poor defense and Stoops had to make some changes to keep the admin and fans off his back. Despite having a top 20 offense, he opted to fire Heupel instead of his brother who was the DC (terrible defense). That's why Heupel is still bitter towards Oklahoma and Stoops.

I'm on board. At least the offensive production should get much better.. especially with our QB room.

My expectations are extremely low to begin with. I think the hire has high potential.. we just need EVERYONE on board. Negativity won't help put out this dumpster fire.

They are just players. It’s not like he walked into bama’s roster. Our program and brand will take care of the recruiting. Huepal and staff need to develop and i know for a 10000% fact this mf can coach QBs. Build a solid roster... get lucky on a QB. That’s the quickest way to success in general and that path seems likely with JH.

just log off if you’re just looking for reasons to b*tch. He’s our coach. He’s better than sling blade and butch. All we can go is up from here.
I would think after what we have went through with JG and then wasting HB this year that people would be ecstatic for someone that develops QBs. It's been stated numerous times that a good QB is the difference maker.

To be fair, the big time talk did not come directly from UT but from 'boosters' manipulating our emotions once again to harness the energy of this fanbase to get their way. A lot of us don't want to admit how far UT has truly fallen but all signs from Plowman and White is there is finally a significant culture change we can only hope gets this program back on the path to greatness.
Yes it did. You need to go back and watch Plowman and Boyd's press conferences and interviews since CJP got fired. They said a lot of things to fan the flames.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I hope he challenges all the haters to fight him. That's how you win the press conference.

Randy-Marsh-Ready-To-Fight-At-The-Baseball-Game-Gif-On-South-Park.gif

For all you Dr. Seuss fans:

When a hobbled Heupel hops it’s called a hobbly heupel hop.
And when a hobbled Heupel hypes it’s called a hobbly Heupel hype.
And when a hobbled Heupel hypes with a hop it’s called a hobbly Heupel hype hop
And when a hobbled Heupel hypes with a holler and a hop it’s called a hobbly Heupel holler hyping hop.

I apologize to none of you.
I will read this to my son tonight right after The Foot Book.

Listen...I think I pointed this out before we even started the search.

Think of all the SEC hires, how many actually snagged a sitting P5 coach?

South Carolina - Beamer
Vanderbilt - Lea
Auburn - Harsin

And now we roll with arguably the best hire of the off-season. Because unlike Heupel, Harsin really did inherit a juggernaut program at his G5 stop, and that conference is garbage.

There is a major over statement of Kiffins accomplishments
What is false? He coached at USC, UT, and Ole Miss. He was the head coach for the Raiders. I didn’t say he was overly successful. I said that he coached in the NFL and major universities. I swear people don’t read.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Listen...I think I pointed this out before we even started the search.

Think of all the SEC hires, how many actually snagged a sitting P5 coach?

South Carolina - Beamer
Vanderbilt - Lea
Auburn - Harsin

And now we roll with arguably the best hire of the off-season. Because unlike Heupel, Harsin really did inherit a juggernaut program at his G5 stop, and that conference is garbage.

You need to stop using logic. It ain’t got no home here 😂.

Reactions: screenthis
I think this is a key point - if he finds a QB out of the 3 that he loves he will win. QB play makes up for a lot of ugly.

Have to find an OT or two on the transfer market FAST otherwise it won't much matter when the QB is running for their life.

Was Eze any good at Memphis? I know he is out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back