Current (and Former) Player Reactions

I’m to the point where we bring this guy in, welcome him, support him and help him bring this program back! Get the twitter recruiting machine rolling and do some positive tweeting. If you’re against this hire, at least fake it and give the impression that we’re united, because for it or against it, no one that matters cares what we think. We might as well make the best of it. I’m sick of all the in fighting between fans, coaches, boosters, administration, players... At this point, the guy hasn’t lost a game at Tennessee and has a lot of things working against him. Do I think it’s a slam dunk? Maybe not. Is it the first choice I wanted? No. Am I willing to roll with him? Go Big Orange!
Losing is bad enough, without us fans adding toxicity to it.
GBO!!

I’ve posted questions about what the players thought in a couple different threads. Hopefully they are excited and start to come out of the portal.

I am optimistic that some of the players that entered the transfer portal will now change their mind and stay at Tennessee. If so they will see a far better coaching staff than they have experienced with Pruitt.

I’m to the point where we bring this guy in, welcome him, support him and help him bring this program back! Get the twitter recruiting machine rolling and do some positive tweeting. If you’re against this hire, at least fake it and give the impression that we’re united, because for it or against it, no one that matters cares what we think. We might as well make the best of it. I’m sick of all the in fighting between fans, coaches, boosters, administration, players... At this point, the guy hasn’t lost a game at Tennessee and has a lot of things working against him. Do I think it’s a slam dunk? Maybe not. Is it the first choice I wanted? No. Am I willing to roll with him? Go Big Orange!
Losing is bad enough, without us fans adding toxicity to it.
GBO!!
Amen !

Hopefully if the players support him, we won’t lose any more to the portal. I’d say the Offensive players would be the happiest with the hire.
And hopefully he'll quickly announce he's keeping Steele as DC and/or bring in another experienced and successful DC and that'll hopefully excite the defensive players.

VN Store

Back