It is what it is.

djwes

AD White had a near impossible task, basically hire a captain to save the Titanic. The university administration (boosters too) have completely eroded trust, so no successful power 5 coach in their right mind would take the gig. Maybe with a truck load of cash (which UT doesn't have), and even with that it's doubtful, who wants the headache?

Tennessee is Kodak relying on the glory days of selling film when the world has gone digital SLR.

Nothing against Joshua Heupel, he is likely the best Tennessee can do right now. It also telegraphs that UT is expecting to pay Pruitt.

I wish Coach Heupel success, in the near term this means;
- a stable program
- rebuilding trust and respect
- trying to recruit a competitive roster (notice I didn't pretend and say championship roster)
- 5-6 wins next year would be terrific given the roster attrition

Tenn will still get pounded by the SEC big boys, but hopefully we can be middle of the pack long to begin attracting higher quality players over the next 2-3 seasons.

Tennessee is years from relevance, if it's even possible.

I just have to learn to love Tennessee football for what it is.

Just love seeing people trying to polish this turd of a hire. Definitely is what it is, but also a let down. Was hanging on by a thread after Pruitt and Danny's supposed competence/connections gave me a little optimism. Should have known better.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Just love seeing people trying to polish this turd of a hire. Definitely is what it is, but also a let down. Was hanging on by a thread after Pruitt and Danny's supposed competence/connections gave me a little optimism. Should have known better.
Not polishing a turd, accepting reality.]

UT is a dumpster fire and not a top 25 job.

Reactions: sbm362
I just heard this morning that Tennessee hired a new coach. I didn't know CJP got fired last week. I understand completely what it's like losing one's passion for college football. After years of the UCLA Football Dance: take a step forward then bumble/stumble two steps back, I have other interests that I focus on. It bothers me sometimes because my family, friends, and I had a lot of fun at games and also talking football. But I've also realized that life changes and ebbs and flows. Maybe some good times will return.

I wish you all well along with the new coach and good luck.

Last edited:
Bottom line, he’s better than Pruitt so he’s an upgrade. I’m just not sure he makes UT a contender.

It’s not bad but I still think Kiffin or chadwell would have packed the stands more with excitement.
I wanted Kiffin too but we weren’t hiring him, while under investigation. I like Chadwell too. We’ll see if he shines or fizzles out

AD White had a near impossible task, basically hire a captain to save the Titanic. The university administration (boosters too) have completely eroded trust, so no successful power 5 coach in their right mind would take the gig. Maybe with a truck load of cash (which UT doesn't have), and even with that it's doubtful, who wants the headache?

Tennessee is Kodak relying on the glory days of selling film when the world has gone digital SLR.

Nothing against Joshua Heupel, he is likely the best Tennessee can do right now. It also telegraphs that UT is expecting to pay Pruitt.

I wish Coach Heupel success, in the near term this means;
- a stable program
- rebuilding trust and respect
- trying to recruit a competitive roster (notice I didn't pretend and say championship roster)
- 5-6 wins next year would be terrific given the roster attrition

Tenn will still get pounded by the SEC big boys, but hopefully we can be middle of the pack long to begin attracting higher quality players over the next 2-3 seasons.

Tennessee is years from relevance, if it's even possible.

I just have to learn to love Tennessee football for what it is.
I just hope that there is enough talent on the roster to make this job attractive post-NCAA sanctions in 3 years. We'll be looking for a new coach November 2023.

Bottom line, he’s better than Pruitt so he’s an upgrade. I’m just not sure he makes UT a contender.
I’m not sure there were very many realistic hires that could make us a contender. As long as he can stabilize us and make Tennessee a more appealing job, I’ll be happy. Who knows, maybe he can surprise people

Reactions: Jaws

VN Store

Back