Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t care what you think. I know for a fact he would come here. Even someone who has spoke with him. So soon whatever you want in your head but facts are facts. Even Chris Low just said he wanted the job and would have come.

Yeah bolt to a program you've already bolted from once WITH lingering sanctions after ONE year at an SEC school when you are trying to rebuild your reputation...

giphy.gif

That's what I'm thinking. A lot of folks saying "bring a great staff and we'll be ok." If this is the best we can do for a head coach, I don't expect to do any better with assistants. We'll roll the dice. Maybe it'll work out, maybe it won't. Either way, there will always be what ifs.
Every coaching hire is full of what ifs.

I also think the conjecture that we avoided Sexton clients is probably accurate, because we would have to show him the results of the internal investigation. That narrowed the range of possibilities. Are Kiffin, Freeze, and Chadwell clients of Sexton?

Again, blame Fulmer and Pruitt for putting us in this position.

I would just roll with Steele. If our program is so toxic, they’re going to whiff on a big name DC anyway, even with big dollars.

"Big name coming for DC, it's going to be different this hire with White here."

Then news will break he's bringing Randy Shannon with him from UCF.

"It's the best we could do, look at his resume. Great recruiter and now that he's got real talent to work with he's gonna be great."

I hope I'm wrong, I mean Dooley built a really good staff here (until the awful DC hire that did him in) so anything's possible. Just for once it would be nice to not have to try to rationalize a hire based off of "potential"

Reactions: 84Volfan
Nothing personal against our new coach, but in the SEC its 99% about the recruiting. If you can recruit then you have a chance. Where do we stand from a recruiting front? That will tell you our future.

Watch Florida hire freeze or Kiffin or another whale inside the next 2 years.

I don’t think another fan base has had to go through what we have had to go through in regards to administrative incompetence over the last 15 years.

Reactions: jpope9
I Think year 3 will be worse than year 1

I think the ncaa mess will be too hard to overcome
The NCAA stuff won't amount to a hill of beans. 5 scholarships for a couple of years and a bowl ban. TN will self impose and the AA will accept. Probably out of pitty for this sorry excuse of a football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back