Poll: Happy with Heupel?

• Yes

Votes: 1,057 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 741 41.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another coach who has ridden the coattail of the coach before him. He's a good QB coach and may have some high powered offenses, but I don't see him as better than Leach or Kiffin. Personally think the AD should've ridden with Steele for ONE SEASON so we can get more time to evaluate potential coaches.

So is Heupel a failure yet?

It doesn't matter if he's terrible, which I'm sure he's going to be because it's at the point where Tennessee is truly finished as an elite program. That's okay, though. Success isn't for everybody.

Another coach who has ridden the coattail of the coach before him. He's a good QB coach and may have some high powered offenses, but I don't see him as better than Leach or Kiffin. Personally think the AD should've ridden with Steele for ONE SEASON so we can get more time to evaluate potential coaches.
LMAO he dominated Kiffin TWICE in head to head matchups

Was he the OC at Missouri when we had Dobbs at QB?
. Dobbs was our QB in 2016 (we win big) but JG in 2017 and they won big. Missouri had Lock while he was OC. We can hope Bailey develops and performs to that same level with his offense

Reactions: YorkVol
I would have rather seen the flashy "home run" hire but I think this guys teams will be fun to watch and also great athletes will want to play in his system. This hire is very intriguing. I hope we are all very pleasantly surprised with him. Maybe he keeps Steele as DC. Don't know if Chaney fits now though. It appears that he and Weinke met before at the Heisman presentation. He was a really good player. Still young enough to connect with the players I think. This will be very interesting. I just hope we don't try to run him off before he actually coaches a game. The guy evidently is willing to stake his professional career on the potential of greatness here in Knoxville. I don't think he would have taken that decision lightly. And I don't think most of these coaches get into this to get rich quick, that is just to get that big contract. Most love the game and competition. No one in the world wants him to be successful here than he does.

Nope I might have even taken Dykes over him. Certainly Fisher.

That said, I will give him a shot as he is entitled to but if this hire goes bad, I hope White is out the door quick as well.

If ours was a normal situation then I'd say no, but we are way past normal.

He might be the right guy to get us to the right guy.

BINGO! This is exactly what I've been thinking and likely to pay off ala Bill O'Brian. Stay for 2-3 years, right the ship than get our "Whale".

So Frost stayed at UCF for two years so he was using someone else's players making your statement meaningless.

The more I stew in it the better I feel. He is a good choice to get us through the sanctions and may end up being special down the road. Hell you never know

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back