Poll: Happy with Heupel?

• Yes

Votes: 1,057 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 741 41.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see a signed letter stating that we offered Jayme Chadwell And Matt Campbell and they refused the job at over 5 million a year before I'll be happy. Josh may turn out to be a good coach and I'll gladly say I was wrong. If he even makes us respectable and leaves a good base for the next guy I'll be happy at this point. I'm so beat and battered I've already accepted the idea that it's gonna be 3 to 4 years before we dig out of this hole. What I don't want to see is some gross buyout attached to this hire.

At least he has coaching experience and he is better than some on our list, GBO!
I don’t this guy is any better than Pruitt and we will be lucky to get Top 30 classes going forward. Unbelievable. I believed everything UT ADM. and White told us last week and we get Gump 2.0.

Oh just wait, if it's Heupel then we'll have the usual cast of characters starting threads telling us how we found a diamond in the rough, he's the "right man for the job", BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

On my neutral message board, the non-SEC fans are laughing at the hire. Interestingly, most love the Jeremy Pruitt hire.

Damn, why not just hire Freeze or poach "The Pirate". Makes no sense to go with Heupel. NCAA sanctions are going to cripple any new coach anyway. In the end, does it even matter.

I don't know if JH is the right answer but that is a ridiculous oversimplification of the situation. Look at the factors that went into "12, 10, and 6."
I wish I could see it some other way. The optics are though that he inherited a really good team that he failed to make better or at least stay in the same range of expectations. 12 wins to 10 wins (or even 8 or 9 wins) is one thing.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I don't know if JH is the right answer but that is a ridiculous oversimplification of the situation. Look at the factors that went into "12, 10, and 6."
Ok
If you think its a non issue or the reasoning behind getting worse should discount the facts

Drop them on us
Explain why he gets worse and should get a raise

The guy can find the end zone in a hurry with his offenses, has head coaching experience, has SEC coaching experience, and meets REALISTIC expectations at this point. I will get on board.

We wanted an O centric guy and got an O centric guy.
2020 scoring O 8 rushing O 25 passing O 4th total O 4th
2019 scoring O 5 rushing O 19 passing O 8 total O 2
2018 scoring O 6 rushing O 8 passing O 36 total O 5th

It’s like getting the non bitch version of Kiffin.

Reactions: Smokievol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back