Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Sure, I’ll still frequent VN for the other non-UT forums as I usually do but this Felecia is out on UT athletics. It’s a lost cause that isn’t worth my time or money any longer.
I truly believe they tried this go around. I don’t think the job is desirable at all.

Had I known a week ago that this was gonna be the hire I wouldn’t have waisted my time on another fruitless coaching search. This is it. It’s officially gone and never coming back and I am at peace with it. It’s better to have lost love than to have never loved at all. Goodbye UT football.

Reactions: dhvols1 and eVOLve
I don’t hate it but I also don’t love it. I’ll give it a chance, I mean not like I have a choice or anything.

Yeah, I think AD expectations played a major role in reaction.

It's like we spent above market price to hire a heralded chef. He walks up, uncovers the platter and.... salad.

I mean it meets our needs, may even be good for us. Just not what was expected.
But screw it, I'm hungry and out of options.
Go big salad.

Wonder how Atlanta Vol is going to spin this
I don't speak for AV, but reading between the lines I think he probably thought they had Franklin locked up. As inside as he is, he's not the one in the negotiating room with candidates, and it looks like Franklin may have played us somewhat from even before when Pruitt was fired.

I am really curious just *how many* people said no to get here, but we definitely could have done a lot worse. I’m sure White really hated that he had to hire his own coach and knew the kind of blowback that would come with it, but that also means he does the right thing even when it’s the hard thing.

Wonder how Atlanta Vol is going to spin this

"Fluid situation" whatever. DW played the hell out of us, got him and his buddy HC big upgrades in pay. That's all there is to it. If I'm wrong and this hire works out, I'll eat all the crow in the world and love it. (Like I did with Rick Barnes.)

That combined with all the big talk from Plowman and Boyd. They fueled this negative reaction with their words. They made the fan base think they had their big boy pants on when they were really playing in the kiddie pool. I don't hate this hire though. Just not what I was expecting.
If you couldn’t tell Boyd and plowman were giving “coach speak” then that’s on you. They didn’t have much if a choice other than to speak positively.

We actually have a coach who can use this talent now. First time in 14 years
You’re the most optimistic person in this board.. you literally have been behind any name that has been slung around. Kudos to you sir... not saying this is a bad hire. It’s decent. Just wish I had your spirit lol.

I mean I am excited to see what Heupel will be able to accomplish with our talent on offense. The guy is a great mind in terms of that. Pair him with a good defensive staff and I think we're good. I really don't think it is that hard to win here, we've just hired complete morons three times in a row

Reactions: seaofORANGE22
Bass, give it up. No one who wants Freeze or Kiffin is going to listen. In their heads, no one could possibly be as good or better and THEY ARE RIGHT THERE FOR THE TAKING. We just have to pony up the dollars. They really believe that if they yell it loud and long enough, people will pay attention to them.
Yep. Never mind that Heupel smoked Kiffin twice. Sure Kiffin is better 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back