Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ll be back. And it won’t be because of Freeze. If you can endure Jeremy Pruitt, Dooley, and Butch, you can certainly endure Heupel.
Nope. Sure, I’ll still frequent VN for the other non-UT forums as I usually do but this Felecia is out on UT athletics. It’s a lost cause that isn’t worth my time or money any longer.

Reactions: Flovol
I’m all in because we have hired him. I support the coach at UT until he gives me a reason not to.

I’m also optimistic. The dude is an offense genius and a fantastic QB coach. He’s proven that as both a coordinator and as a head coach. If he makes the right DC hire we could really have something here. That’s all I’ve said.
If he is it, better hire on paper than Pruitt Butch and Derek...

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Reposting

2018- 12-1
-Gave LSU all they wanted in NY6 game. Lost 40-32 back when LSU had a sick defense.
-Also lost star QB, Milton McKenzie, last regular season game. Still won conference championship over a really good Memphis team.
-Destroyed Pitt by 5 TDs.
-I don't care what level or talent you have if you go 12-1 against really good conference competition you can coach. That doesn't just happen.

2019- had to play a freshman with no McKenzie and he ate.... went 10-3.
-Beat Stanford by 3 TDs
-Lost to Pitt by 1 @ Pitt who had a stacked NFL player loaded defense and still dropped 34 points losing by 1.
-Lost to a really good Cincy team @ Cincy by a FG
-Lost @ Tulsa by a FG.
-Destroyed Marshall in bowl game by 4 TDs.

Again a freshman QB and averaged 43.3 PPG.

2020- 6-4

-Posters ITT telling me they had around 10 players opt out
-Destroyed Georgia Tech 49-21
-Lost to a really good Tulsa team by a TD. Tulsa lost to Ok State by 9, Miss State by 2 and Cincy by 3.
-Lost to Memphis by 1 point
-Lost to Cincy by 3 who turned out to be a Top 10 team in the country. Scored 33 on that Luke Fickell defense.
-Lost bowl game to a buzzsaw BYU team with a QB who is about to go Top 5.

Averaged 41 PPG.
Good little assembly

To your first point, I think they tried. Both VQ and 247 said Franklin turned down 8 mil a year. They tried.

I think the offensive players willl be very excited. Bailey is about to be developed and turned into a star. Hyatt and others will set the world on fire in this offense. He has to nail the staff hires tho
Would honestly like to see his QB come here and get a shot.

I guess I’m good with Heupel. It’s pretty underwhelming though. Is he up to this task?

I’m just meh - I mean Freeze is just still sitting out there begging to take the reigns for his dream job.

Why, why would Hugh Freeze, Lane Kiffin or Jamey Chadwell come crawling across broken glass for this job? Some perceived love for this university?

They might have done that BEFORE NCAA investigators posted up in Knoxville, but they aren’t going to risk career suicide because we THINK they care as much about the University of Tennessee as much as fans do. I guarantee they care about their careers more than the Vols.

With that said, because of the investigation this job isn’t really that attractive and I’m sure the search firm showed that to DW, DP, and RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back