Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as recruiting goes, I think Drinkwitz at AppSt / Mizzou shows how that could go. His class at AppSt was in the 90s, then at Mizzou ranked 51, 26, and 16 in ‘22.

JH is probably a better know quantity than Drinkwitz was. A quality staff and an appealing offense (and an improvement from a three win season) could likely keep Tennessee in the top 15 recruiting. Speculating, of course, but I could see that playing out.

I was always gonna be ok with the hire, mostly because I don't have choice and not 1 part of me ever believed the "white whale" stuff... we're TN.
Not huge on so many posters "with a good staff" qualifiers.
True of any coach but always used more when there's as much hope as there is real reason for excitement. But "hope" is just a reality under our circumstances.

Here's the #1 point for us all. Fan reaction means jack compared to coaching ability. If it's JH (or whoever) they'll have the opportunity to win over fans. Their future and future fan support is in their own hands. And that's all that REALLY matters.

I do like the personality fit of JH. Laid back student of the game. Gives off an Andy Reid / Freddie kitchens vibe. Really interested to see his staff and how he handles the porter both outgoing and incoming. I also hope we can tap into that Midwest pipeline between Oklahoma and Memphis. I remember pulling Robert meachem out of Oklahoma.

We'll see how that translates to recruiting--- this guy cannot recruit. Be ready to watch the TN '22 class go elsewhere...

Reactions: orangesoda
One of these names is not like the other. Also the pipeline was shut down last week....

It’s talking about strictly personality. We haven’t went this route before. I look at it as a more creative and laid back butch. We were damn close to getting where we wanted so hopefully huepal being a better coach and person...... can get us over the hump.

No they haven’t.... he lost one game and then three games the year his qb went down..... if you are expecting 13-0 or even 12-1 every year then you will be disappointed no matter who we hire.
His QB went down in one of the last game of 2018. He did plug a QB in and the team went 12-1. The QB has shown no improvement and followed it up with a 6-4 year. People thought you would take the step to be a premier QB in CFB and he went 6-4.

His QB went down in one of the last game of 2018. He did plug a QB in and the team went 12-1. The QB has shown no improvement and followed it up with a 6-4 year. People thought you would take the step to be a premier QB in CFB and he went 6-4.
I'm tired of being force feed sh!t from a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back