Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t hate the Heupel hire if that’s who it is. It could work with the right assistants. I just think it’s a really lazy hire. I think the biggest reason most folks are mad is because we were all expecting a splash hire with name recognition that would instantly return us to relevance. This isn’t really it. I’m not totally convinced it’s Heupel though. White is known for surprises.

I don’t hate the Heupel hire if that’s who it is. It could work with the right assistants. I just think it’s a really lazy hire. I think the biggest reason most folks are mad is because we were all expecting a splash hire with name recognition that would instantly return us to relevance. This isn’t really it. I’m not totally convinced it’s Heupel though. White is known for surprises.
If it is Heupel the optics really don't look good with the new AD hiring the coach from the school he just left.

First time on this morning and seeing im approx 50 pages behind. Anything worthwhile?

Without reading - still don’t think it’s Heupel.

Still convinced that’s the smoke screen.

Doubtful that this whole thing would be so secretive throughout - but then the VQ guys who have been so utterly in the dark the whole time break it. Makes no sense.

So I’m excited to see how today unfolds.

Still holding out hope it’s Kiffin - although deep down I know it won’t be.

Still, I’d be excited as hell for any of the following: (in no particular order)

Chadwell
Fickell
Campbell
Fleck
Freeze

Anyone else I’m really gonna have to go full @Bassmaster_Vol and read up on and homer out. Which I’m sure I’ll do. Unless it’s Sonny Dykes.

That’s fair. I just keep wondering what established, quality coach is going to wager his presumably positive reputation to navigate a dumpster fire through likely ncaa sanctions? Like, who wants to risk that? It’s going to take someone who can use chaos as a ladder, not a hole. If JH thinks he’s that guy, I’m with him.

As far as recruiting goes, I think Drinkwitz at AppSt / Mizzou shows how that could go. His class at AppSt was in the 90s, then at Mizzou ranked 51, 26, and 16 in ‘22.

JH is probably a better know quantity than Drinkwitz was. A quality staff and an appealing offense (and an improvement from a three win season) could likely keep Tennessee in the top 15 recruiting. Speculating, of course, but I could see that playing out.
F it. Let's go score some points and start on this 22 class

It sounds like we tried

Reactions: Sleegro and Volwark
If it's Heupel.... In 3 years you guys will wish to God you would have Schianod this hire when you had the chance. Lol a good portion of you already convinced yourselves this will be the one to get it right because he won games at UCF and his offense put up points there. You will look back and say oh the signs were there but we ignored it! Then you will do the same with the next crappy coach they hire.

First time on this morning and seeing im approx 50 pages behind. Anything worthwhile?

Without reading - still don’t think it’s Heupel.

Still convinced that’s the smoke screen.

Doubtful that this whole thing would be so secretive throughout - but then the VQ guys who have been so utterly in the dark the whole time break it. Makes no sense.

So I’m excited to see how today unfolds.

Still holding out hope it’s Kiffin - although deep down I know it won’t be.

Still, I’d be excited as hell for any of the following: (in no particular order)

Chadwell
Fickell
Campbell
Fleck
Freeze

Anyone else I’m really gonna have to go full @Bassmaster_Vol and read up on and homer out. Which I’m sure I’ll do. Unless it’s Sonny Dykes.
Hyams tweeted supposed to be football meeting at 8 est

I think there's a connection with Odom here
I saw some people say they don't like each other. I couldn't find anything about that anywhere. The only thing I saw that Odom was angry about when Heupel left is the OL coach followed him out of Missouri and he didn't like how the OL coach handled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back