Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also left Baylor with nothing ask our resident Bear fan.

Got most of his buddies a fat check for the same result. If he’s a good OL why was Teddy killed nearly every week? Joe Brady is the star there Rhule just gets the credit.
I don't put a lot of stock into "leaving the cupboards bare" as every coach has a different recruiting profile and different way they like to run their systems. Our team is a prime example of this. We should be one of the best teams in all of college football based on recruiting rankings and we aren't. The right coach theoretically should be able to utilize the talent.

As for Teddy being killed every week, he's been there a grand total of 1 COVID shortened year, but he still has Teddy putting up career numbers. He's got his highest comp %, TDs, Yards, Avg. yard per pass, Rushing yards, Rushing TDs. This guy is a journeyman playing the best football of his career due to Rhule.

Didn’t see this get answered yet...

A few days ago some folks noticed @Neyland Rising was liking posts they had made 4-5 days prior. This trend continued and it became apparent the poster was reading the whole way through, and not skipping anything despite being so far behind. On top of that, they have been a member for years and never posted. We quickly began to cheer the poster on in their quest to catch up.

Fast forward to today and not only are they caught up, but they made their first post, and it was quite funny at that; cementing @Neyland Rising as a legend and possibly the only positive of this coach search.
He has a chance of beating ATL Vols like to message ratio

I think Josh Heupel is a better choice than Elliott, but not by much. It's just who we are now. I've reconciled with myself that (best case scenario) the guy we get is gonna have to be the guy that sets up THE guy.

Reactions: berryvol
HAHA widely considered one of THE top AD's in the country and he suddenly doesn't know what he is doing?

Do you hear the ignorance coming out of your mouth?

Have you entertained the possibility that you and the rest of vol Twitter have absolutely no clue what you're talking about and are acting like buffoons?
How many rising star coaches take a power 5 job and fail? It happens. Maybe it’s ignorant but I just don’t blindly worship whatever coach or in this case AD that gets trotted out with a power T lapel pin on their suit. Go ahead though if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy

Reactions: loservol
Danny White never gave any criteria. Plowman said they are looking for someone with HC experience. No mention of P5.

I mean of it is P5, that would rule out Napier, Chadwell, and Fickell as well.

That would be a hell of a bar to set before you even have an AD.
This. And I think the Plowman comment about HC experience was before they hired him but I couldn't find any actual quotes of what she said specifically. White didn't mention criteria other than character and trust in the press conference. He did do an interview afterwards and was asked about if it's a requirement and said this:

Is head coaching experience important? Yes, of course,” White told Knox News on Friday, while not addressing specific candidates. “I’ve hired people that have never been a head coach that have been very successful. Sometimes, it’s how you build a staff around that person. I don’t have a predetermined path, but I don’t disagree with the chancellor and others that have talked about the importance of head coaching experience. For a program this size, I would say it’s very important.

These are the only quotes from Plowman about it I saw:

We are looking for someone who is a strong leader and who has principles and values, who also has experience in hiring coaches and who can help us look toward the future,” Plowman said. “We’ve got a great future here. As disappointed as we are, we are determined to get this right and to get a good person in place both as AD and as head coach. I think leadership and integrity are huge. I think experience in this role will be important as well.

Which seems like it's more about an experienced AD.

And this about their optimism:

We are optimistic about our future and our ability to attract a strong leader, who will then hire the right football coach,” Plowman said. “I realize many people would prefer we make those hires in the opposite order. But I hope everyone will accept the judgment that this is the way for us to have the long-term success we all want — for now and for the long-term.

How many rising star coaches take a power 5 job and fail? It happens.

Absolutely. Go make Franklin accept out $8M offer. He turned down a $3M raise and opportunity to become a top 5 paid HC... when somebody turns down an offer like that the issues are larger than money. What else can we do? Should we offer him $10M?

Last thing I’ll say about the Tomlin info if it is even credible which it probably isn’t.....

If Tomlin becomes our Head Coach just his presence alone Recruits big names to our school. He knows what to expect from kids to make it to the NFL and knows what other coaches want in the NFL.

That alone brings in Talent.

Those of you worried about Heupel's recruiting ability, remember...Doofus, Botch and Cornbread brought in some good/impressive recruiting classes while here. Tennessee sells itself to a large extent. Obviously, they didn't have the ability to develop that talent. With a good staff, Heupel can bring in the same type of classes. Add that we start putting a lot of points on the board with his offense (Bailey and WRs on the roster are more than capable), which we haven't done since Dobbs left, the recruits will be signing.

Admittedly, I was apprehensive when I first heard his name mentioned as a viable possibility. However, considering Tennessee's current status, this is a very logical and reasonable hire that could very well could pay off in the end.

I'm not convinced right now that he is the hire, but if he is, the program is far from dead because of it.

Absolutely. Go make Franklin accept out $8M offer. He turned down a $3M raise and opportunity to become a top 5 paid HC... when somebody turns down an offer like that the issues are larger than money. What else can we do? Should we offer him $10M?
At this point I’ve accepted that the program is pretty much Miss State with a 100k seat stadium. No one worth a damn is coming here. Forgive me for suggesting that the new savior of everything UT might be a tad overrated. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Last thing I’ll say about the Tomlin info if it is even credible which it probably isn’t.....

If Tomlin becomes our Head Coach just his presence alone Recruits big names to our school. He knows what to expect from kids to make it to the NFL and knows what other coaches want in the NFL.

That alone brings in Talent.
It's not even worth discussing lol

I have ventured through the stages of grief and now at acceptance. The trucks did get loaded up with money but no big name in a comfortable spot wanted to leave to deal with the sanctions / rebuild that is required. I do know the one thing that has held us back since Dobbs is QB play and development. It’s the most important and deciding factor on the field. JH has a strong history of being really good at that. Surround him with an ace recruiting staff and let’s ride.

At this point I’ve accepted that the program is pretty much Miss State with a 100k seat stadium. No one worth a damn is coming here. Forgive me for suggesting that the new savior of everything UT might be a tad overrated. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Nobody annointed him savior. People slamming him like he is a garbage coach is the only extreme reaction I am seeing from the fanbase. Given the circumstances we are in and the way football is an offensive game now I don't see many better options available if everyone is slamming their doors to $8M

I'm known as the dream crusher around the house. True story.😉

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back