Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had a drink and a moment to sit. Guys, it may be Heupel, and it may not be. No one knows. If it is, then so be it. I hope he is successful and I hope it works out. If not, I hope he leaves the place cleaner for his replacement than his predecessor did for him.

The funny thing is I can actually get behind Heupel as a coach.

But it feels strange how we got here and the perception of Danny hiring his old coach. Very odd.

But he is a young offensive minded coach and can score points. I’m good with that.

And Lebby is not a guarantee to join. Especially with the ncaa baggage.

Should save a lot of money on his salary.

At least it's not Franklin..I'll get behind Heupel. I don't think it is a good hire, it is certainly not the kind of hire we were expecting, but here's hoping it works out. I hope we can make a better hire in three years..
Yeah, that's... really getting.. behind him.

LMFAO--- so all the coaches out there and our supposed new badass AD hires the dipsheet from the school he just left? After all the FU Money and @Atlanta VOL BS!? What a LAZY-ASS hire.... that's all you can do? Or just WHAT did you do?

What a F'n straight up joke if true. DW GTFO, what a poser... He and Plowman I guess are confirmed as idiots. You got $7 mill and you pass Caldwell, Freeze, Napier, Herman, Elliot, etc... and you think Heupel is the answer to bring us back on track and "win a championship"!? hell I'd rather have Fisher....

Seriously, what happened to the media not knowing anything and we go from Crystobol to Heupel in 45 minutes???? What happened to DW keeping things quiet and no one knows anything??

@HankHill , no offense, but how the heck do you find out?? AP doesn't know 'ish, yet people are running with him... What happened to the team finding out first?

ALL THIS IS BS.

Heupel=who gives a F. Yeah, I'm sure the team wanted this cat, whatever.

Hey Plowman and DW, since you guys have all that money left over from hiring a C-rated HC, I'll take some...

There's a reason Heupel is not coaching at a larger program...
Nah, our fanbase isn't toxic.

I can't believe some on this board are defending a potential Josh Heupel hire. There is no "positive" way to spin this if it happens. It would mean the coaching search is an epic failure, and it would mean that Danny White isn't all he's cracked up to be. You don't pivot from Franklin to Heupel and not go speak with Chadwell.

Or Kiffin, or Freeze, or Herman, or Malzhan, or Cristoball, or Napier...

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
The funny thing is I can actually get behind Heupel as a coach.

But it feels strange how we got here and the perception of Danny hiring his old coach. Very odd.

But he is a young offensive minded coach and can score points. I’m good with that.

And Lebby is not a guarantee to join. Especially with the ncaa baggage.

Should save a lot of money on his salary.
Ever since Frost’s players have left he went 6-4

I think there is a significant disconnect between our perception of the program as fans and the national perspective looking in. Our results during the past 15 years as well as our last three HC, perhaps about to 4, indicate that we are a mid-tier SEC program on par with UK, SC, and Mizzou.

That could turn around if we luck into the right guy, but it seems to simply be reality right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back