Tony Elliot Reaching Out To Assistant Coaches Should He Become Tennessee HC

Anyone who has a strong opinion on Tony Elliott and hasn't been coached by him or worked with him is just being ridiculous IMHO.
I don't know how great of a HC Elliott would be....no one does. But if the multiple NFL teams with HC's like Pete Carroll are trying to snag you up from the college ranks to be an OC....you have got to be one hell of a play caller. On the flip side...great play callers do not always make great HC's...see also Jeremy Pruitt...which is why everyone on here is nervous about him.

No! New coach needs to clean house and start over
If coach wants that, I back him up, 100%. There are some good coaches on staff. If thy don't fit the new coaches plan, they have to go. I am simply saying Chaney and Steele can contribute.

I don't care if they are PURPLE as long as they can coach, communicate and produce positive results, that is the best criteria we can hope for.
Purple people would be an exclusive minority......I'm inclined to agree with you on that point

This is good news for us. It means Elliot wants the job but hasn’t been offered it yet. Sounds like he’s our fallback option. Not a bad fallback IMO but I’d be surprised if we can’t get someone with HC experience. Hard to imagine us passing on Chadwell and Napier or them passing on us.

Kiffin, Freeze, Campbell, Fleck, Malzahn, Franklin and the like became a pipe dream the moment we announced the investigation.

Really seems like a great stand up individual. I wouldn’t mind a guy like this leading our program one bit
I'm not against him being hired, (prob said it 20 times by now) bit just think our current situation isn't ideal for a 1st time head coach. If he's hired I'm not turning in my fan card. He'll have my full support for at least 3 years. Only time will tell. No hire is a guaranteed homerun or failure.

Original tweet could turn out to be accurate but I can promise you that Brent Dougherty has absolutely no inside sources. He's the plain McDonald's hamburger or Nashville sports media. Him and George Plaster could put you to sleep quicker than any over the counter medicine out there.

I'm not against him being hired, (prob said it 20 times by now) bit just think our current situation isn't ideal for a 1st time head coach. If he's hired I'm not turning in my fan card. He'll have my full support for at least 3 years. Only time will tell. No hire is a guaranteed homerun or failure.
Couldn’t have said it better. Boy would we be upset if goes somewhere else and ends up a star if we pass on him and hire dykes. I truly hope that doesn’t happen

Basilio indicated this morning that White is personally opposed to any Sexton clients. Glad to know we are eliminating an entire field of excellent coaching candidates because of personalities.

Here we go again. A coordinator with no HC experience.

It's gonna be Elliot, and unless we catch lightning in a bottle, we will be right back here in 4 years.

Oh well, as I have posted elsewhere, fall days will be awesome opportunities to do something besides watch Tennessee be boat raced by (insert rival here).

Basilio indicated this morning that White is personally opposed to any Sexton clients. Glad to know we are eliminating an entire field of excellent coaching candidates because of personalities.

Here we go again. A coordinator with no HC experience.

It's gonna be Elliot, and unless we catch lightning in a bottle, we will be right back here in 4 years.

Oh well, as I have posted elsewhere, fall days will be awesome opportunities to do something besides watch Tennessee be boat raced by (insert rival here).
BOOM BABBYYYY!!!! That’s the optimism we need around here. I love that positivity. That really get the vibe going around here. GOTTA LOVE IT!
smfh

Reactions: alvinkamara

VN Store

Back