Mario Cristobal being thrown around on VQ

Cause nobody in PNW cares about college football

Absolutely not true. It’s not SEC level passion but Oregon fans are legit. The Pac12 as a whole is fairly lackluster but all my buddies who went to UW, OU, OSU all have an unhealthy focus on football. 😂

Of course my aTm buddy and I are the only ones flying flags...

Reactions: tribe80
Buyout 9 million. Not super terrible, but a hefty price. If we're willing to go to 7 million/year, it might be hard for him to say no. Not gonna hold my breath here.

Absolutely not true. It’s not SEC level passion but Oregon fans are legit. The Pac12 as a whole is fairly lackluster but all my buddies who went to UW, OU, OSU all have an unhealthy focus on football. 😂

Of course my aTm buddy and I are the only ones flying flags...

I lived in Portland. Nobody cares

I live in PNW. He’s doing well here. Why would he leave?

You never know what motivates a coach. We are in the top conference in the P5 and he is in the bottom conference in the P5. Some are driven to compete against the best. Some are driven to feel comfortable in their own shoes. They all like to be mentioned for the love they get from their current bosses and sometimes the leverage. If you don't ask you don't get. No problem with asking anybody the opening questions. Better to have several guys on the plate. Making offers is another story. Big difference.

Says on VQ (I’m just the messenger!!!) that he was unhappy about the way the PAC-12 handled this last year and thinks it’s gonna be difficult to win a natty in the PAC-12

That’s true. He was vocal about it while most of the Pac12 stuck their head in the sand. Biggest challenge for him is recruiting when USC is good; not an issue for a few years. SEC teams can pluck talent out of OR, WA, CA, etc. but hard for PAC12 to do the same. That being said the path to playoffs is easier for them if they beat a relatively soft field.

You could argue, however, the SEC is a one horse race these days.

VN Store

Back