Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when you took that brake a little while back? I think its time to take another one. lol Being doom and gloom about something out of our control isn't going to help. No way Steele is going to be the HC. Nor Dykes and not even Elliot. Period.
I would not be too hasty to say Elliott will not be the next HC at Tennessee. Good night VN

It might be a cool city but very liberal too. Also you have to understand the Hispanic culture especially Cubans. They are huge on family and family means more than any amount of money in the world. I just personally can't see Mario and his wife being happy with two kids and so far away from his parents and family in Miami with no culture the same as him in Oregon. At least in Knoxville, he has "CubanBerg" right around the corner to fill at home. Lol That's a inside joke in Miami what they call Gatlinburg now. The Cubans love Gatlinburg and that's all my Cubans friends talk about every time they go and how much they love Tennessee.

He would be a perfect fit and he is clean as a whistle too and an outstanding man. He knows the south and recruiting expectations and would put together a great staff too I have no doubt. I'm surprised Miami didn't hire him since he is an alumni but Manny Diaz is doing a good job down there in Miami putting that mess of a program back together too.

Yeah, he’s intriguing. See that leads me to him, Shaw, Whittingham, Edwards (yeah I know but he has done well at Arizona State) and hell even Chip Kelly as hirable. I’d go with Cristobal over all those guys though—-more upside and more connections in the South.

Reactions: CeJayVols
The Fraklin talk is misinformation. He hasn't won his division since 2016 and is 1-5 against Ohio State. I hope DW can do better.
Ohio state has lost 8 games in the last 6 years. With most being to Alabama and Clemson. And to, oh, James Franklin.

I'd take him. We could do worse than Herman. He doesn't come without question marks, though. His players were working against him in recruiting which is a red flag to me that we definitely need to get the back story on. Also sounds like he lost several games he shouldn't have along the way which seems to align with the guy we just canned.

All that being said, the guy won a Sugar Bowl which is more than we've done in a long time. He's won a lot more than he's lost, and he hasn't had any major rule breaking issues. He definitely isn't what I would call a home run, but like I said at the beginning, we could do much worse.
Agreed on all points. With where we are in our program, and the early mentions he’d be interested, it just seems like a match.

I’m sure he’s motivated after what just happened, too. He’s better than an OC w/o HC experience, IMO

Reactions: BisonVol
Well, I figure with AV showing up and calling for everyone to get behind the program, that must be something he no longer expects to happen organically. He seems to have gone from over the moon to Apollo 13 where we're just hoping against hope that we don't completely die. If experience is any guide when AV goes this route we're going to need a miracle just to stay alive. jmo.
1611635302753.gif

As a Penn Stater and a Vol, I would be happy for Franklin to leave PSU. But, not to Tennessee. We don’t want him At UT and I am not addressing his morality. He is uninspiring as a coach, has horrible clock management, doesn’t know when to move on from a player who is not performing (QB’s especially), and shows zero emotion when things are going well or poorly on the field. Most people were hoping at 0-4, he would be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back