Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big difference between a grown adult making a decision to have sex for money and rape or an non consensual woman. If you can’t see that you’ve got problems.
Your wording in this comparison had a bit of ambiguity. You do realize Franklin didn't actually rape any one, right?

Maybe Cristobal will bring his S&C coach with him.
View attachment 343913
Really not sure if serious, but this is my levels of importance: AD, Head Coach, S & C Coach, OC, DC.

The S & C Coach is almost always an afterthought to the fan base - out of sight out of mind - but this is the foundation from which everything else becomes possible - or not.

Stoerner:

I’m about to lose my toys if I don’t say a couple of things: I have never been told the name of a coaching target. My friend does not represent the person who is the source of his information. That’s my disclaimer.
Personally, I’ll add two more things: I really don’t want to be the guy known for pulling the wrong string that unwinds the confidentiality in this thing. As I’ve said before, I’m not an insider. I won’t be “sharing” for years to come on topics where I don’t have value. Usually I’m just the snide guy who pokes holes in logic of others, and goes back to work.Look at my history. I don’t post insider information, because I’ve never had any. I don’t live my life on this forum, and I don’t plan to cash any e-cred checks anytime soon. I have a pretty clear indication that the booster who is sharing with my friend, is sharing with one other person on this board too, based on an evidence trail. I think that booster will be asked to be quiet this morning, and that’ll result in me knowing less, and knowing later.
The boosters know target one because he has been a target for weeks. They don’t know other names below that. I stand by everything I said yesterday, and have said in the past. Two candidates have been notified that they are finalists. One is in a back and forth as of last night. I know the key problem is the perception that the NCAA issues are reputational issues that damage the perception of the job. I don’t know that they can fix that with money or length of contract. Barring two strikeouts, I still believe they will be in a deal today. Yesterday my friend said they’d have a coach by midday. I know DW wants to tell team before anyone else. I know every local media person has been told to sit in a corner until there is news. While they will do a national release through regular channels, the national sources have not been told who the targets are. While we could have already closed this, or may very soon, it could take a few hours to be released. I crossed a line last night, and said too much. I said some details about a friend that were beyond what I should’ve shared. I’m not going to delete or change anything from those posts. It’s my mistake. It’s on the record with everything else. We are indeed in a negotiation with our top target. I feel rock solid about that. No matter what they say about the order of events, I’m confident that they made a big offer to a candidate that we’d normally perceive as not in our reach. I think we’ll all be happy if that closes. If not, key constituents believe in DW (and therefore the other finalist) whether the fans will or not. I still believe we’re near the finish line. I’m not going to guess coach names. I don’t know, but I know enough to cause trouble.

Yeah. It's totally like the OJ case 😂😂😂. It's crazy you are demonizing a man with zero evidence other than some last ditch (failed) efforts by the defense, and somehow also taking the moral high ground.

You probably think witch trials are pretty pure too. Better safe than sorry.

Listen man. I'll have plenty of time to laugh at you guys for getting all up in your feelings because we hired someone who beat UT when it actually happens, on the off chance that it actually happens.

So I'm just going to table that absurdity until then. Deal? Deal.
tenor-35.gif

Last night I was re-reading all of the leaked texts from the last search. Absolutely thrilling stuff.

Dave Doeren accepting the job & then all of a sudden Currie goes off the map for a few hours so he accepts an extension with NC State 😂😂😂

It is hard for me to blame the coaches for the UT down slide when I remember bufoons like Currie were the ones making decisions. Most inept, embarrassing coaching search in history and we tried to remedy that by replacing him with an unproven AD in Fulmer who then put an unproven coordinator in the HC position after the worst season in UT history. Truly, idiots were running this ship.

I hope White cleans the whole house out and then some.

Reactions: Sleegro
For the Kiffin, Freeze or Franklin crowd. Simple question on each:

Kiffin - he left us once, what makes us think he won't do it again?
Freeze - he embarrassed one university with rules (& ethics) violations, what makes us think he learned his lesson?
Franklin - has he learned anything from what happened at Vanderbilt with the rape investigations?

Reputational risk matters - and ours isn't exactly sterling at the moment.
I’m sorry but Franklin is in a class by himself. It’s ironic that he has the best public image because what he did would’ve landed most people in jail. It is akin to had Schiano had ordered tapes of the rapes burnt rather than just being accused as having witnessed something by someone who was told that by another reliable party.

Freeze is a VERY distant second if we stretch the limits of what we think he was doing with all those hookers.

Lane isn’t on the same planet as the other two. He was cadding around left us but not without warning our AD before he was even hired that he would leave UT for USC should it open. He was open and honest about it. I think he was a wild child for a number of years but sticking him on a list with either Franklin or Freeze is unfair and unwarranted.

I would absolutely not hire Franklin. However, there’s nothing but hurt feelings when it come to Kiffin’s alleged flaws. Freeze, otoh, is a POS but he ain’t the kind that has been accused of telling his players to delete evidence of gang rape. I’d hire hire him with the right clauses and reassurances. Kiffin shouldn’t be a part of this conversation and only is because fans are upset that he left even though he’d told Hamilton ahead of time what his situation was with regards to USC (Hamilton didn’t bother telling the fanbase the truth until years after it all went down).

I would actively discourage any social media uprising if we don't like the hire. I would, however, encourage targeted harassment on Twitter of Pete Thamel, Pat Forde, Dan Wolken, and Dennis Dodd if we make a great one.
I engage Dan Wolken on twitter occasionally. I’m not proud of it, but his garbage is worthy of ridicule. Especially, him doing his level best to try and get the season cancelled.

Pete Thamel on his Yahoo Podcast said Danny White has raised the bar for what is possible in this coaching search for Tennessee, and listed these three candidates as the ones he thinks DW should go after, even if "there is a bit of a reach factor involved":

Neal Brown
Scott Satterfield
Sonny Dykes

I really hate Pete Thamel. No other reporter hates our program more than him.
If it’s any of those 3 we were played and we will be back here 3 years.

Stoerner:

I’m about to lose my toys if I don’t say a couple of things: I have never been told the name of a coaching target. My friend does not represent the person who is the source of his information. That’s my disclaimer.
Personally, I’ll add two more things: I really don’t want to be the guy known for pulling the wrong string that unwinds the confidentiality in this thing. As I’ve said before, I’m not an insider. I won’t be “sharing” for years to come on topics where I don’t have value. Usually I’m just the snide guy who pokes holes in logic of others, and goes back to work.Look at my history. I don’t post insider information, because I’ve never had any. I don’t live my life on this forum, and I don’t plan to cash any e-cred checks anytime soon. I have a pretty clear indication that the booster who is sharing with my friend, is sharing with one other person on this board too, based on an evidence trail. I think that booster will be asked to be quiet this morning, and that’ll result in me knowing less, and knowing later.
The boosters know target one because he has been a target for weeks. They don’t know other names below that. I stand by everything I said yesterday, and have said in the past. Two candidates have been notified that they are finalists. One is in a back and forth as of last night. I know the key problem is the perception that the NCAA issues are reputational issues that damage the perception of the job. I don’t know that they can fix that with money or length of contract. Barring two strikeouts, I still believe they will be in a deal today. Yesterday my friend said they’d have a coach by midday. I know DW wants to tell team before anyone else. I know every local media person has been told to sit in a corner until there is news. While they will do a national release through regular channels, the national sources have not been told who the targets are. While we could have already closed this, or may very soon, it could take a few hours to be released. I crossed a line last night, and said too much. I said some details about a friend that were beyond what I should’ve shared. I’m not going to delete or change anything from those posts. It’s my mistake. It’s on the record with everything else. We are indeed in a negotiation with our top target. I feel rock solid about that. No matter what they say about the order of events, I’m confident that they made a big offer to a candidate that we’d normally perceive as not in our reach. I think we’ll all be happy if that closes. If not, key constituents believe in DW (and therefore the other finalist) whether the fans will or not. I still believe we’re near the finish line. I’m not going to guess coach names. I don’t know, but I know enough to cause trouble.
tl/dr version
i don't know
:)

It is hard for me to blame the coaches for the UT down slide when I remember bufoons like Currie were the ones making decisions. Most inept, embarrassing coaching search in history and we tried to remedy that by replacing him with an unproven AD in Fulmer who then put an unproven coordinator in the HC position after the worst season in UT history. Truly, idiots were running this ship.

I hope White cleans the whole house out and then some.

Currie would have been better off just posting a picture on Twitter of whatever candidate he had in mind at the time, getting instantaneous backlash from our fans, & then moving on to the next until we all agreed on one lmao

Stoerner:

I’m confident that they made a big offer to a candidate that we’d normally perceive as not in our reach.
tenor (2).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back