Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because my friend of thirty years is of counsel to several people in the AD, some very important boosters, and two coaches. He’s been a hundred percent on what he’s shared with me so far, as others will tell you. I do not claim to be an insider, important or knowledgeable beyond what I know. What I know is that we just backed up a truck to our first choice, and are making him say no. I believe the offer is over five years and 40mm. If they move on from that, I hear we will close number two before lunch.

Posted in another thread
😍😍😍

More than one Clemson insider said he was never contacted. I think was either a diversion or a media assumption.
Well I wonder why someone would do that?

Dabo: Hey Ty, you see that Tennessee wanted to hire Tony and he turned them down?

Ty: I did.

Dabo: They told him they're about to lose a bunch of scholarships and be banned from a bowl for three years.

Ty: Wow. That's bad.

Dabo: You should just come on to Clemson.

Reactions: VolGee4
I don’t think you get to the offer point of this search without a strong indication you’ll get a signature.

If we went and bought a badass AD with a fat offer, and he didn't blink twice, then the people running this aren't in the business of putting together an offer and saying "so, watcha think???"

Feels like we're sliding it across the table and saying "there it is"

Not gonna get exited until an offer is accepted and I find out who it is.

I don’t doubt we can make a lucrative offer. I’m just not confident the caliber of coach who would earn that kind of money would want this job in its current state.

We will pay his buyout this time, that was the hurdle to get him in 2017.

Again, based on clues given by @Atlanta VOL, and with what @Stoerner Fumbles just said, I think it’s referring to...Matt Campbell.

AV said:

1. “He’s over the moon”. Matt Campbell used to coach at Toledo before taking the Iowa St. job. Toledo is...the ROCKETS!

2. He said there “isn’t enough head room” on one of the planes. I don’t know how tall Matt Campbell is, but he looks like he’s 6’3 or 6’4”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back