Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliot would recruit through the mess at least and give us a shot. Those other Neanderthals are program killers. Aren’t exactly many players beating down the doors to play for those losers.
I agree that Elliot would be a good recruiter but why on earth would we take that risk? We just tried that with Pruitt

Everytime I hear Steele or Cutcliffe I have to check the calendar and make sure I’m taking my medication. Then I remember we still have old heads in the fanbase that think this is a good idea sort of like putting Fulmer in charge as AD because he “bleeds orange” but of course he was an epic fail.

The longer it goes the worse. If we have a top target that’s really a “whale” and it isn’t leaking out it means they are uninterested. No reason to drag it out if your top dog says yes. If they had interest we’d know but we don't and this long means we are scrambling through the 5$ bin at Walmart now.

Boys we are getting played. Not really DW’s fault. Quality coaches just dont want to come here. Hire Elliot and call it a day. I’m tired of hearing about Dummy Dykes, Will Helly, Scott Shitterfield and the rest of the toilet bowl bros.
No. This is the old way of thinking. We went out and paid big money to one an AD no one thought we could. Do the same for a HC. Tired of the defeatist mindset. That’s how you stay irrelevant. DW believes he can win a championship here and he’s going to hire someone whom he believes can do it. Period.

Was curious so checked. Minnesota averaged around the 60th ranked class in the 3 seasons before fleck. He's averaged about 40th in his last 3 classes. Pretty solid improvement in recruiting.
No pulse to pulse. Still zero relationships in SEC territory. He got there building on years of relationships that let him recruit 3 stars versus 2 stars.

If true, some of the big name guys must be saying "thanks but no thanks"

Or it could be that they're simply creating and refining a pool of potential candidates based on multiple factors and the search firm is doing due diligence by adding and subtracting from that pool as more information becomes available.

If white runs as tight if a ship as has been speculated, including misinformation, you can't or shouldn't trust anything you hear or see.

Reactions: tomq_123
The longer it goes the worse. If we have a top target that’s really a “whale” and it isn’t leaking out it means they are uninterested. No reason to drag it out if your top dog says yes. If they had interest we’d know but we don't and this long means we are scrambling through the 5$ bin at Walmart now.
Dude, he has been in town for about 48 hours. Give him some time. Danny White has probably had very little sleep and let us not forget he has a family as well. It is the lord's day after all.

Okay.... let’s mix it up.

There weren’t many to pick from, but if you had a favorite Pruitt moment (getting fired not included) - what was it?

For me, it was the calling three timeouts in a row to freeze the Alabama kicker, and him eventually missing it. Bama fans booing the whole time.

That was pretty cool.

Why do I not like Joe Buck?

It’s weird. I can’t give you a reason, but I just don’t like listening to him.
Always been baffling to me how much hate there is for a guy who is genuinely great at his job and can call just about anything asked of him. I guess people think he only gets his career bc of nepotism but he’s a very good play by play guy.

No. This is the old way of thinking. We went out and paid big money to one an AD no one thought we could. Do the same for a HC. Tired of the defeatist mindset. That’s how you stay irrelevant. DW believes he can win a championship here and he’s going to hire someone whom he believes can do it. Period.
Bass I just don’t see how things are going well if we hear crap name after crap name. They claim to have a top dog.. If things are going well we’d be finishing up a deal. We are probably negotiating and negotiating and they aren’t ever biting. I don’t see this ending well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back