Post your coaching pick

Hubbs mentioned James Franklin, has anyone else seen his name anywhere? I haven’t seen it mentioned on here at all

Reactions: wwbonsta
PJ Fleck and Chris Peterson are my top ones...proven success and hasn't been recently fired.
After that, just my circle, I'd look at Gus.

Reactions: HalfullVol
The AD hire was way unexpected. Perhaps the HC hire will be too. Maybe a name not many people (or nobody) has mentioned.

Cristobal?
Shaw?
Whittingham?

I know it's rumored that "offensive" is what we're looking for, but I'm just throwing some stuff around for fun.
Whittingham is my thought this morning. Good coach that is not on the NegaVols radar.

Saban lol. Meyer will not come back to the sec. Pete Carroll?
Lol. Need an offensive mind. Need a spark. Need a look like florida to recruits saying I can stack up stats and go early in the draft like jefferson, grimes, helps to make the best TE in college and maybe receiver when he is targeted on well designed plays to get the ball. Seemed mullens says here is your body type, here is how I will get you the ball. Has a QB in the NFL and another that will get drafted.
From here forward it must be Tennessee needs better players with coaches better at xs and os and better at getting individual skills out of players with vision on how to 7se them to attack an offense at a much deeper level of awareness then has been at Tennessee since kiffin.
Then with some wins and hype going into the 2-3 year can that coach bring in a bunch of elite talent to really compete in the sec. An east win would be nice to start with at least.

Well, the folks that know say we need to go with an offensive guy and Elliott is that. He also has been recruiting Ty Simpson to Clemson I'm sure so he would already have a relationship with him. Our Quarterback play has been terrible to say the least and the Simpson kid is a must get imo. We haven't had decent QB play since Dobbs left and I think with Simpson we would certainly improve a lot. I like Elliott but Kiffin, Napier, Fleck and Herman aren't bad either. I don't think Gus or Campbell would come. I'm not feeling Dykes or Satterfield at all, Chadwell maybe but would like a guy with a little more time as a HC with a longer track record. I think White will deliver us exactly what we need so I'm just waiting like everybody else. I've been a fan for over 60 years and I love my vols and I want them to be great again before I leave this world. Go Vols!!!

Reactions: MiramarVol
Freeze
Kiffin
Campbell
Gus
Herman

No one else should be considered. I don't want a coordinator.

I really think AD White is looking for someone in the Mario Cristobal mold.

Masters degree in management
Innovative ideas
Offensive minded
Passionate and high intensity
Successful head coaching experience

My hunch is that if money wasn’t part of the equation; Cristobal would be his #1 target. If not Cristobal; I expect it’ll be someone with similar characteristics.

Who I want, but we won't hire.... Freeze or Kiffin

Who we probably could hire and would actually be good coaches. Napier or Campbell

Reactions: TN Outlaw
Tony Elliott...everyone on our list, even head coaches, come with risks.
Elliott is every respected as a coach and top recruiter, carries himself well, and gives us street and media cred for hiring an AA head coach. He knows what it takes to win championships, played the game and is young enough that the players can identify with.

If I have to hear one more person reference ones race as a reason for hiring them I’m going to scream. Who freaking cares! We need a winner. I don’t care if that person is black, white, yellow, or blue. Prioritize hiring a winner first and foremost

If I have to hear one more person reference ones race as a reason for hiring them I’m going to scream. Who freaking cares! We need a winner. I don’t care if that person is black, white, yellow, or blue. Prioritize hiring a winner first and foremost
Thanks for your input

VN Store

Back