Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I’d support Fleck and be hopeful but he’s a tier under what our insiders have acted like. His team this year wasn’t even good. He had one good season at Minnesota. He made them better but we are basing all this off one year? It’s the same w it j Chadwell. He’s had one good year at coastal. Matt Campbell has consistently beaten top 25 teams with worse talent than Minnesota.
His team this year was disappointing, but last year MN was extremely impressive. I saw them play Nebraska in person. I don't know how much we can hold this year against him. He was dealing with so much distractions all summer/fall being in Minneapolis.

I believe Fleck was more impressive in the MAC than Campbell.

I won’t. I think people don’t realize how much of a tough sell this job is, especially right now. He’s proven he can hire good coaches, so I don’t understand why people question him.
It's different in this job. It chews up and spits out inexperienced and unprepared coaches. If we were going to hire a "b" level or below coach, should not have went "A" on the AD.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
It would be all over everywhere.

I listen to ESPNU radio everyday. They’re national shows and they all expect us to not be able to hire a sitting P5 HC. The majority think we’ll end up with a coordinator hire.

UT hiring Campbell, who is regarded as one of the best coaches in the game, would be truly shocking the college football world.
Sounds like some crap Chris Childers would enjoy saying. That little clown irks me.

DW and his 2 assistants from UCF he brought will be the only ones that know anything. But admittedly the waiting and not knowing is driving me crazy. The media has to report something bc its their job.

Reactions: Sleegro
An

Elliot hire sucks IMO, can’t believe we aren’t capable of better
Have you been paying attention at all to what's happened the last 15 to 20 years culminating in the disaster that just played out?

I mean we did well to get the best possible guy to fix it but these aren't the Vols of the 90's and early 2000's. Elite coaches aren't seeking this job out.

Reactions: SweetAsSodaPop
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back