Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for 💩 and giggles, let’s just say if Bob Stoops did want to come out of retirement he wouldn’t have to look too far for an OC. What about a Stoops/Sumlin combo...worked together before and Sumlin was involved in the UCF coachjng search to replace Frost

Reactions: Sleegro
I think it's safe to say he hasn't turned down a job that's going to offer more than we are. That may be a stretch, but I think it's a pretty safe bet. Texas, maybe. But they are dealing with a buyout.

Also, he might have turned down the Jets. But I highly doubt he turned down all those NFL interviews, or refused all the offers. When you interview and you don't get the job, you say you were not interested. No college coach with a current team has ever admitted they wanted a job but didn't get it.

I think this is right - but also, considering Campbell is his own agent his dialogue with NFL teams is more direct - no middle man. He gets to gage directly whether their interest is exploratory or serious. I don’t think he wastes his time with exploratory and I don’t think any NFL team was pursuing him as their top candidate (yet)

The teams he's turned down also had money. And no NCAA investigation.
There are some people that are just different, in that they like a challenge no one else is willing to take. Who around him would have told him to leave Toledo to go to Iowa State. Most I would think, would have told him to stay at Toledo and wait for something bigger and better. He seems to be a guy that likes the grind and proving people wrong. Let’s hope he does so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back