Lost to #19 Iowa by 1
Lost to #9 OK by 1

Yr 5 beat:
#18 OK
#17 TX
#25 Oregon
Lost by 3 to #6 OK st
Lost by 6 to #10 OK in big 12 title game

Meanwhile at TN we been uncompetitive and getting our ass handed to us in big ranked games but this guy is underwhelming to a few posters...

Anyone got Jimbo on their hotlist?
I mentioned Jimbo on Wednesday, when we were discussing who would be worth $7-8 million per year and close to realistic for us to get. I just don't see Campbell being worth that much money right now. He's at $3.5 million (wiki), we shouldn't have to double that to get him to Knoxville. I think he would be an 8-9 win coach here, which is better than what we've had. $4- 4.5 million is top dollar for Campbell, IMO.

*I'd rather give Freeze $4 million or Chadwell $2 million and get the 8-9 wins.

Why wouldn't Campbell want to take ISU to the playoffs? He's in striking distance.
Maybe he sees what happens to Oklahoma in the playoffs, and they are selling him on building a program in the SEC that will be ready when Saban retires that can win when it gets there.

A rocket ship can go over the moon.
campbell coached at Toledo. Toledo, Rockets.,,,it's him. it's happening.
giphy.gif

Unpopular take: Butch was a good football coach (albeit with flaws) and will likely have success again. He was so close to really breaking through in 2015 and 2016, and had we gotten a bounce go the other way here or there, he could still be here killing it. But not enough bounces went his way, and the negativity sunk him.
Counter point the OU game in Neyland.

The term “diversion” would indicate the information is leaked or placed by UT.

We have literally discussed every coach in America.

We are creating or own diversion.

Tennessee can’t help we fall for crazy things and run with it. We’re like moths who plug in the bug zapper.
tenor.gif

For who though, there are few coaches that are bigger than Campbell and you don't use these two as a diversion for Tony freakin Elliott.

I think you are reading Too much into this diversion thing. If an AD really wants a diversion he really has no other choice but use a big name.

Let’s be honest White May have seen the pics of bring lane home on our campus and said this must End ASAP. That guy will use that against us in recruiting. For that reason alone it’s worth having a bigger name to stop that embarrassing stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back