Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been turning down HC offers all over the place but people on here act like he'd be a horrible hire. I don't remember any of our last 3 coaches turning down opportunities before we offered.
well, butch left CO at the altar, right after Charlie Strong left us there.:confused:

Not that recruiting one player should factor into hiring a coach but I’d assume Elliot would make Ty Simpson a lock to be a vol.

I’d assume MC would have some work to do

Boys we got a serious nug from VQ poster:

“I’m hearing Matt Campbell and Danny White are discussing a contract. Both sides working to get a deal done, nothing is certain. Definitely something to monitor over the next couple of days.”

Please be true
skeptical eye brow raised.................................

but totally ok with it being true.:cool:

VQ nug:

“Don’t ever have info But wife’s from Iowa. Her brother is a big Iowa State booster. Just got the text, “Wow, I’m hearing he’s gone. I don’t get it Vols suck”

@Bassmaster_Vol How’d you miss this one

He has been a VQ member since 2006 and never posts. Not a troll. Could have false info though

Last edited:
I know and that's fine if we land someone like campbell. But passing kiffin for elliot, napier, brown or leipold? To hell with it. Program isn't under better leadership if that's the case. Burn it down because in 3 years, we will be doing this all over again.
I think you are a flaky *****, but I going to argue with the point you just made anyway..

I believe that Danny White has an eye for coaching talent. I will trust that whoever he hires has talent. I also believe that if/when a guy does not work out, he will fire him and hire another guy with talent.

There are no "sure things"...every single name out there is a gamble no matter what you think of them (including my pick Campbell) but you want a guy that is good at counting cards doing the gambling...White is that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back