Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have a guess. That’s a weak answer. I wore my friend out this morning trying to get the name. The best I have is what I shared. There’s a single candidate that is the focus. He is interested, and has a relationship with White already. He’s also being visited tonight or tomorrow morning. If he falls through, they’ll keep moving. My friend expressed 90% confidence that it’s done, meaning we get the first choice. I’ve been wavering on who choice one is all day, and I don’t bring anything special to that guess than anyone else. I’ll share anything else I hear as soon as I hear it. The whole AD got religion on confidentiality the minute we hired White.
Gotta be Kiffin, Campbell, or Fickell if it’s choice #1
Ok guys, it's detective time. We know the relationship with Kiffin through his brother. What is the relationship with White and Campbell and White and Fickell?

It's not Kiffin - he's angling for a raise from OM.
yes, yes, that makes the most sense.

giphy.gif

I was finally able to watch the Introductory press conference. After hearing White describe the head coach he’s looking for, I have zero confidence that Lane Kiffin will be in the discussion. He emphasized things like representing the university with class and finding a person of outstanding integrity with a strong moral compass that he can trust. I like Lane as a coach but none of that sounds like him.

No clue who it'll be...White working at Ohio and being in that state opens the door to Campbell for sure as someone he could know also Fickell.

Campbell is an offensive mind, Fickell isn't both have Power 5 experience and are proven HCs.

To me "home run" is someone that can and has proven capable of winning 10 or more games.

Shaw
Campbell
Stoops
Herman
Gus
Kiffin
Fickell

All fit that bill for me.
Take off Gus and I am extremely happy with any of those.

Shaw is really interesting.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Danny White today.... Look at the bolded part.
“The last few coaching searches I’ve done at UCF, there was that list of one, two, three, four, five. Everybody’s debating who it should be and the people we hired weren’t even on that list,” White said. “I’m not paying attention to that list. If I am, then I don’t know why you hire me. You might as well just go look at the list and start calling them up and see who wants to do it. It’s way more in-depth than that, and we’re going to be expansive in our search and make sure that we turn over every single stone and look for what makes this place distinctive. We’d love to excite our fan base with whatever the hire is, and hopefully we do.

To be fair lots more list out there for this job than UCF and dang sure more than Buffalo.

The hire he makes will certainly have been on some list. That’s for certain

I ain’t given up on my long shot bet of Mullen. White Certainly has a connection to him
And we know him and his AD aint perfect together

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Guys if it’s not Kiffin resist the urge to criticize the hire. We have professional leadership and an A D that knows what he is doing. Whoever we hire deserves the full support of all of the fan base. We need the fan base’s response of positive energy to be off the charts.
Go Big Orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back