Coachery

Absolutely. But I’d Elliot wanted to get on board I wouldn’t say no out of the gate

Spit balling here, but what if White's relationship is so tight with Elliott he's talked him into coming to UT as OC for whomever is hired as HC.... From what I hear, there are some on Dabo's staff that would love to have an opportunity elsewhere to get away from his "holier than thou" attitude

Reactions: TennacJed
Spit balling here, but what if White's relationship is so tight with Elliott he's talked him into coming to UT as OC for whomever is hired as HC.... From what I hear, there are some on Dabo's staff that would love to have an opportunity elsewhere to get away from his "holier than thou" attitude

I’d have no problem with Elliot being HCIW/OC in the event a coach left after 1-2 years etc.

I’ve done my best to be the non-ambiguous guy. I’m about to shift a bit. Yesterday all the existing staff were reminded that the have NDA’s and that a coaching search is proprietary information. I’m sure this comes from the fact that the athletic department is gutted and there are no channels for discussing things with press. The last few pieces of news have made it to this board before they’ve gone to selected news outlets. The national sources that the university prefers are Feldman at CBS, and Lowe at ESPN. They’d like the news to go there first for maximum effect. Yesterday both were scooped by journalists reading the board. I have interrogated my friend three times today, and am stuck with a handful of magic beans. I don’t know enough to be of use. I think that will change as we get closer. So, I can share a few things I know, and one semi-cryptic answer that I think is helpful, but probably non-satisfactory. White arrives today. Will meet players. Will do press conference. Will talk to Steele. Will fly to meet a candidate, supposedly in a neutral location. I get the feeling we have a coach already from what I’ve heard. While UT could not walk the line of waiting for investigation results and officially looking for a coach, unofficially, they’ve been looking for awhile. In fact (here’s the cryptic part) My friend says White was recommended by our future coach. My friend was willing to share that we pursued five candidates, but not willing to share who. The five are impressive according to him. One is perceived as the top of the pyramid, and is probably the source of the big number discussed. I read that to be Campbell, but that’s a guess. I know, and previously stated that Frost has a relationship with the chancellor and spoke to her. I have no information that he’s the coach. Given Nebraska is his alma mater, that doesn’t make sense, but I have no information to rule it out. I mentioned that board buzz says we’ll hire a seated coach, past chancellor commentary would rule out Kiffin and Freeze, and that it would have to be someone experienced. He said there’s one candidate that is down the list that would be a “bend” of that criteria. Maybe that’s Kiffin. In the past I’ve asked the chance of Freeze, and he said “zero”. I know that the plan has contingencies down far below the chosen five. We will not be embarrassed by public rejection, a long search, or dumb moves. This is going to be tight and fast. My friend rated the odds at 90% that we currently have our guy, and it will be official by next week. On a slightly sad note, Tee and Jay have missed several job opportunities to hold the team together. They’ve received very little communication or support on what happens next. The two of them have been rock solid through this whole mess. Yesterday they saved two players from the portal based on rallying them around the White news. I’m sorry I’m pushing soft journalism today. I’ve tried to give good data before. I just don’t have the goods today. I’m not even confident that my conclusions are right from my guessing game this morning. Like I said, I think some things will loosen up, and I’ll hear more. One final note: My friend said the White family is like the Kennedy family of the NCAA. They’re royalty. Kevin White is one of the most respected names in a mature athletics. He was a hero at Notre Dame and Duke and served on the Olympics board. The integrity of that name will be very important. That’s very good news.
SF mentioned that his "friend says White was recommended by our future coach." I literally tuned in to the press conference while Plowman seemed to be relating a story that they called Cutcliff and that Cutcliff recommended White. For anyone that was listening to Plowman, did I hear that correctly that she said White was recommended by Cutcliff?

SF mentioned that his "friend says White was recommended by our future coach." I literally tuned in to the press conference while Plowman seemed to be relating a story that they called Cutcliff and that Cutcliff recommended White. For anyone that was listening to Plowman, did I hear that correctly that she said White was recommended by Cutcliff?

Cut recommended to Peyton that we hire an AD like his. That’s Danny’s Pops at Duke. Donde was already talking to Danny on another call.

While we’re clarifying, is Hubbs eating a sandwich while asking a question? Yeesh!

Reactions: Nouveaux
Cut recommended to Peyton that we hire an AD like his. That’s Danny’s Pops at Duke. Donde was already talking to Danny on another call.

While we’re clarifying, is Hubbs eating a sandwich while asking a question? Yeesh!
Ha! I thought the same thing when Hubbs asked his question.

Reactions: kcvols1
I don't care who they hire as long as:

1. They have a proven winning record as a Head Coach
2. Can recruit at a high level and do it right
3. Will hire a top rate staff and listen to them, give guidance and let them coach
4. Can relate and communicate their ideas in a coherent manner to the Team, Staff, Students, Fans and Boosters.

This would be a nice change of pace just to start from.

I have been telling my Uncle and any other orange blooded person with ears for years they needed to get a deal with Cut to be Co-hc and get a Manning, Witten or Elliot type of hire who has the potential but needs on the job hc training. Would be a perfect scenario to get Arch Manning and send Cut riding off into the sunset. I started a thread about this last year after Ga. St and Byu losses

Amendment: I just got an answer that confirms Herman was/is in the final five. Can’t rank where. My friend also just texted that Hyams’ list is nonsense.
Maybe beggars shouldn't be choosy but my initial reaction is a strong no on Herman. If you can't win in football at Texas, hard to believe you could in the SEC. Reminds me of USCe trying the Muschamp retread after he couldn't win at Florida.

Reactions: fxvol
Amendment: I just got an answer that confirms Herman was/is in the final five. Can’t rank where. My friend also just texted that Hyams’ list is nonsense.
Your connection probably does have some athletic dept connections. I will say your connection is grasping at straws when asking about a list. Herman may or may not be one of the candidates interviewed or that will receive an interview. White doesn’t do leaks and keeps who he interviews very very private. He has a record of this. There are only a handful of people who knows who he has talked to and who he will interview moving forward.

I have been telling my Uncle and any other orange blooded person with ears for years they needed to get a deal with Cut to be Co-hc and get a Manning, Witten or Elliot type of hire who has the potential but needs on the job hc training. Would be a perfect scenario to get Arch Manning and send Cut riding off into the sunset. I started a thread about this last year after Ga. St and Byu losses

Cut is awesome, IMHO. I love the guy, and so I wouldn’t wish this job on him in 100 years.

Durham is a nice quiet place to be consistently decent. Why screw that up with ambition?

Your connection probably does have some athletic dept connections. I will say your connection is grasping at straws when asking about a list. Herman may or may not be one of the candidates interviewed or that will receive an interview. White doesn’t do leaks and keeps who he interviews very very private. He has a record of this. There are only a handful of people who knows who he has talked to and who he will interview moving forward.
I wouldn’t bet against the information S. Fumbles has provided here.

I wouldn’t bet against the information S. Fumbles has provided here.
I don’t know him. I’m just saying. From what I do 100% know, is that very very few people know who has been contacted.
Zero chance that his connection has seen a “list” before the team has been even addressed. Zero chance he has seen a list since he has only been in town for 24 hours. As for the other info his source has brought, it seems correct.

Cut is awesome, IMHO. I love the guy, and so I wouldn’t wish this job on him in 100 years.

Durham is a nice quiet place to be consistently decent. Why screw that up with ambition?
I don’t think he would come unless it were a Co-hc type of deal. I’m just thinking that there will be a large plot twist that explains the timing of all this. My wet dream goes like this, Cutcliffe Co-HC Peyton Manning Co-Hc with Eli Manning QB coach and Arch Manning winning 3 NC’s in a row to send Cutcliffe off into the sunset and Peyton primed as HC. I know call me crazy but it’s my wet dream lol

I feel pretty solid about everything I’ve shared.

I don’t know him. I’m just saying. From what I do 100% know, is that very very few people know who has been contacted.
Zero chance that his connection has seen a “list” before the team has been even addressed. Zero chance he has seen a list since he has only been in town for 24 hours. As for the other info his source has brought, it seems correct.
Probably not seen a list but it wouldn’t surprise me if there is verbal information (whispers) going around about Herman being a candidate.

VN Store

Back