Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post is 99% horsepoop
CRp9.gif

Reactions: drvenner
I’m so far behind but just skipping ahead feels like leaving a sleeping infant in the car while you run in to the store real quick.

Sure, you can probably do it and everything will be fine, but you are putting the ones you love at risk and someone might take your human, so I’m going to commit to the read through. My guess is it will literally take me weeks to catch up

"I’ve never started a coaching search without talking to the student-athletes on the team. I’m speaking with the football team this afternoon. I need their input — what’s working, what’s not working."

What part of this says he's letting them know first?

The part after this when he said he wants the student-athletes to be the first to know who their new coach is?

Reactions: BruinVol
"I’ve never started a coaching search without talking to the student-athletes on the team. I’m speaking with the football team this afternoon. I need their input — what’s working, what’s not working."

What part of this says he's letting them know first?
This right here is most impressive. Figuring out the culture, problems, what's needed is much more important factor than just picking a good football coach. I said yesterday some coaches could be on the same level but terrible for here and this solidifies that thought. I love this approach

I like this approach. He has attributes he wants to discuss with the team about his head coach. They will inform him on what was working and what wasn't.

The players will then see he hires a guy who fits those attributes and they now trust him and know he has their interests in mind.

I believe he has his guy unless he gets some feedback that steers him in a different direction.

And getting the team involved can settle some guys down and possibly bring some back in the fold. Brilliant.

I’m so far behind but just skipping ahead feels like leaving a sleeping infant in the car while you run in to the store real quick.

Sure, you can probably do it and everything will be fine, but you are putting the ones you love at risk and someone might take your human, so I’m going to commit to the read through. My guess is it will literally take me weeks to catch up
Yeah, you might miss the hiring announcement or the insider post that tips us off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back