Does Tee ask to be interviewed for the head ball coach job?

You can't be talking about the UT job are you. Maybe a smaller school but not UT. I think we have had enough on the job training to last us forever. He is way under qualified for what we need.
99.9999999% Tee will not be head coach here. This kind of has the feel of being a Chadwell or Leipold spot at the moment. Not exactly my first choices but seemingly quality coaches and no true knowledge here post AD hire, just tea leaves.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Why the hell not
If you want to win, as it appears the new Admin does at this point, you go after the best. The most qualified and proven winner you can find. Not someone that has been a OC for 2 or three years and a wide receiver coach under the last regime. Just because you're a VFL doesn't mean you will make a good HC on the Hill or anywhere else for that matter and I don't think the program could stand to take a chance on an unproven coach.

Normally to be considered for a HC position an assistant must be top notch. I’m being too kind here but Tee is not a top notch position coach. UT does not need to hire a horrible position coach just because he played football at UT.

Let’s do some arithmetic:
Horrible position coach + Played at UT = NO shot at being the HC.

The Tee experiment was one that most Vol fans approved of, but ultimately failed.

None of our WRs took that next step forward after Jennings and Callaway left.

Tee needs to go get his fire back and move up the ranks again, as he's even been lackluster as a recruiter here too.

Reactions: SpookyAction
I would have never believed that Tennessee would pay $2.5 million buyout + the highest salary of any SEC AD to get one of the best in the business...

This AD hire was so out of the left-field norm for Tennessee (and in a good way); I wouldn’t be surprised if we see the same result for the head coaching job. It seems like the powers that be finally realized they can’t afford to go the cheap route anymore. Let’s see what happens; but don’t be surprised if this is another left field, grand-slam!

Reactions: thistime

VN Store

Back