Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve deluded yourself into thinking this could’ve been covered up. They got ahead of something before it got worse...boon to them.
Pruitt and Co. were friggin morons.. This was definitely going to catch up to them and it would've been worse if they had ignored it hoping it wouldn't come out... Way worse..

But some people think we’re elitist over here. There are reasons we like one thread only.
well, we're effin awesome.
200.gif

Interesting quotes from Chadwell (possibly already posted):

Now, do we accept that UT is unlikely to have top-flight talent and try something different? Or do we keep rolling the dice on second-tier staffs and hope that they can miraculously out-talent UGA, UF, and Bama on a yearly basis?

Of course, the flipside is wondering whether Chadwell's offense is better suited to a Vandy than a UT. Are we settling for and accepting 8-4 with him? Or can outside the box thinking at a school with a lot of resources, money, and history actually work?

Butch Jones thought his system could work with a pocket passer too. He was wrong.

Found the post. Let’s take off Steele and Doug, and I can get behind it.
Word is that terms have been agreed with an AD candidate, and MOU has been approved by the chancellor. Assuming that’s true, I’d think they’d try to share that news this afternoon or tomorrow.

Stoener fumbles dropping info again

Peyton being heavily involved in this coaching search makes me feel a bit better about them not messing this up. The University will do its best to keep the embarrassment to a minimum. We don't want an Auburn situation.

Hopefully Manning is making some personal calls. I would think that could be very convincing.

Glad to see Hubbs (who is obviously 1000000000x more well-sourced than I am) confirming some of the things I'm hearing.

Compton was the third person I heard was in the interview process.

I've been told they are aiming to have a centralized location - likely not in Knoxville - to hold multiple interviews starting Friday and continuing through the weekend. They want a decision this weekend.

If I remember correctly during the Kiffin hire, Hamilton drove to Atlanta and flew commercial to Dallas and held interviews with lots of candidates at a hotel there. Kiffin was interviewed and Hamilton was proud of his stealthiness. Two days later Kiffin sent some documents and articles they discussed to Hamilton at his house in Knoxville by Fed Ex. By that afternoon everyone knew about the fed ex package. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back