Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. Tennessee is just an upgraded job in comparison to Ole Miss. Even with Sanctions. Yeah, USC was a better job than Tennessee in 2009 in theory, but not really enough for someone to make a move like that. Especially because of incoming sanctions. It only happened because it was "his dream job". Think Kiffin just knows once the sanctions are over, he could be more successful at UT. Plus he knows unlike USC, he will get time to turn it around.

So same dynamic if Alabama or Clemson or another top dog come courting? Can't have it both ways.

December, I was reticent to share on here, I'm not a fan of people airing their personal stuff in here. It's been devastating but I have a support system. Don't take anything for granted.

Brother I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you. Don’t ever feel like this isn’t the place. This place is great in that regard. Much love to you 🧡

Cole Cubelic just said on ESPNU radio just said with the guys leaving that you have to debate whether or not our roster is better than Ark and USCe. Still a tier above Vandy but he wasn’t big on what we have.

He also thinks out of those 3 rosters that Treylon Burks (Ark) is the best player.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Hi all, been a while I know we are at defcon 1 but

After a lot of toil and tragedy my second novel The Alternator is now live on Amazon:

amazing cover by @LeBleu

slugline:
What if murder wasn't a mystery? For one young man, it is always decided by a simple code of chance taught to him by his mentor, a gruff truck driver named Petty who once took him under his wing. Now a trucker himself, the map savant travels the quickest routes coast to coast through 1990s America listening to the Top 40 countdown and holding the fate of those he encounters in the palm of his hand. Are the rules there to allow the natural order to assert itself or to keep a traumatic past from feeding his dark impulses and spiraling him out of control?

All profits will go to Young-Williams Animal Shelter in honor of my late wife.

Thanks and Go Vols

So sorry to hear that Newt, we have missed you around here. Good luck to you in your journey. I got Chameleon, will have to check this one out too.

Kiffin would win big here, anyone who thinks he wouldn’t isn’t thinking through it clearly. Imagine him coming back here and fixing the mess he caused. The story that we could tell years from now would for sure be a 30 for 30. He could also sell his redemption story to recruits to prove just how great Tennessee is

Cole Cubelic just said on ESPNU radio just said with the guys leaving that you have to debate whether or not our roster is better than Ark and USCe. Still a tier above Vandy but he wasn’t big on what we have.

He also thinks out of those 3 rosters that Treylon Burks (Ark) is the best player.
Idgaf

What about Hubbs saying it?

Screenshot?

I mean that still won’t change the main point I guess. Which is “FU Money” is vague and can vary person to person.

I guess what I am saying is we’ll be paying anyone we hire 5+ and may be able to go upto 8m, but I doubt we hire Chadwell and pay him 8m.

So our FU Money may not be used on every candidate & may not be used at all depending on who the hire is.

Reactions: Tnfan41

I think that’s unfair considering he hasn’t seen the 2020 class. I believe the bulk of the talent on this roster is in that class. Evaluating who we’ve lost, Gray was good, Crouch was below average at LB, Henry was our best player on defense. I mean, that sucks and all, but I’m not sure we’re devestated by who we’ve lost yet except at LB with Henry gone

Interesting. Wonder if hiring Maggard potentially changes anything w Napier? From my limited research, I'd still probably lean toward White based on his track record.
I think Maggard would be able to bring Napier here, Napiers reason for turning down jobs is he wants the right AD to let him run his program and build it his way. Mannings name also carries a ton of weight with Napier so having Manning involved doesn't hurt.

I think with White you'd be looking at someone like a Lane Kiffin or a Leipold

Kiffin would win big here, anyone who thinks he wouldn’t isn’t thinking through it clearly. Imagine him coming back here and fixing the mess he caused. The story that we could tell years from now would for sure be a 30 for 30. He could also sell his redemption story to recruits to prove just how great Tennessee is

He can then go back to Oxford and redeem his bad self for abandoning Ole Miss.

Reactions: utkevdawg1
Dang it Ron. I’m starting to believe
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back