Search Firm Information

Parker Executive Search is actually one of the best search firms in the world and is used by many prominent universities and businesses. I’ll say this as well, their job is to locate the best talent that is interested in a job but they do not make the choice.

Reactions: sonofUT62
The ADs know what they're going to do. Everybody knows everybody. Search firms are there to provide covering fire.

Dooley and Davenport . . . those two names alone should disqualify Parker Executive Search from being hired by UT ever again!!!

Parker just gave us names of coaches that met our criteria. UT (starting with the AD) chose who they thought were best. UT could have said, ‘we don’t like any of those names’ so start over. So UT actually chose Dooley. Parker did some of the preliminary screening.
‘Sorry, I screwed up the Reply, but my message is still the same’ . UT made the choice. Parker just did the screening.

I hate the search firm era. It's ridiculous. The administrators get paid a nice salary to make hires like this. It's part of your job as an administrator. You shouldn't need to pay what amounts to a good hunk of your salary in order to do part of what should be your job.

What was the criteria that lead to Dooley . . . currently coaching?? Why would you submit Dooley that coached FCS school with a loosing record for a P5 program? Then there is Davenport . . . if these two names survived the screening by Parker??? OMG

GBO - beat UConn-man Geno!

What was the criteria that lead to Dooley . . . currently coaching?? Why would you submit Dooley that coached FCS school with a loosing record for a P5 program? Then there is Davenport . . . if these two names survived the screening by Parker??? OMG

GBO - beat UConn-man Geno!

1) From the South.
2) No chance any other school will attempt to hire him.
3) Knows Nick Saban
4) Shower discipline.

I‘ve never understood the concept of a search firm college football coaches. It’s like an accountant hiring a 3rd party to add and subtract for them

They’re researching the short list that the administration has given. This is being done to avoid the type of situation the NY Mets had just this very week.

Reactions: coffeecountyvol
Get ready for coach Jimmy Duggans from East Maryland St. to be our next coach. If you can’t do better than that just shut the program down. But hey Jimmy will at least run a clean program while we are getting our heads kicked in every Saturday by 30.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Guys/Ladies. We need to take a time out for a second. There’s a substantial difference between a search firm running a background check on a coach and recommending him to the University. There were several twists to the Dooley coaching search including losing/ bailing on Cutcliffe at the last moment and Muschamp flat out refusing to give us the time of day. It’s not like this search firm took our money and then then said......” here’s your guy”.

I think the AD will be Ingram or someone from a P5 university that can bring in a significant coach. I also would not be surprised to see Bryan Maggard and he bring Billy Napier with him. I know people are freaking out and the timing of the hire might be weird. I think if Phil did one thing right as the AD, he showed Plowman and Boyd they have to be integrated with the AD and the football coach to get the sleeping giant woken up again. Maybe I’m overly optimistic, but I think not just good, but greatness is ahead. I think Pruitt was toxic and he didn’t give a damn about the program. I think that Hart and Butch cared but they didn’t understand Tennessee. Dooley was just a matter of circumstance. I think we have a chance to be great again.

I don’t get search firms. I thought all ADs have a “list coaches in their pocket” to call if needed.

What of the Search firm points to Reggie McKenzi? If he could perform as GM of the Raiders, I'm sure he could get us back on track. Plus, he's from Knoxville.

What of the Search firm points to Reggie McKenzi? If he could perform as GM of the Raiders, I'm sure he could get us back on track. Plus, he's from Knoxville.
This is the freshest idea I’ve seen in months around here. Good job, sir!

They were laughing at UT for using a search firm to get a AD. For goodness sakes they should know who they want instead pay folks a bunch of cash to folks that aren't even from this part of the country to find you a AD. It's like they can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. Search firms=waste of money. WAKE UP VOLS!!!!

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I think the AD will be Ingram or someone from a P5 university that can bring in a significant coach. I also would not be surprised to see Bryan Maggard and he bring Billy Napier with him. I know people are freaking out and the timing of the hire might be weird. I think if Phil did one thing right as the AD, he showed Plowman and Boyd they have to be integrated with the AD and the football coach to get the sleeping giant woken up again. Maybe I’m overly optimistic, but I think not just good, but greatness is ahead. I think Pruitt was toxic and he didn’t give a damn about the program. I think that Hart and Butch cared but they didn’t understand Tennessee. Dooley was just a matter of circumstance. I think we have a chance to be great again.
That's about the nicest thing

ever said about Derek's tenure at UT

Not the most optimistic of starts for this situation we currently find ourselves in...Tennessee Search Firm and Its History with UT
I think most don't understand the purpose of using a search firm. A search firm was not used for Donnie Tindall. Remember how that worked out. They likely would have vetted him out of the candidate pool.
Search firms are as much a vetting firm as anything. More importantly they allow coaches to be contacted without having to say they've been contacted by the university.
Currie also did not use a search firm during his 2017 football coaching search. Currie was ousted after the search went wayward, and he failed to complete the search.
Currie and UT neared a hiring of Greg Schiano, who was then Ohio State’s defensive coordinator and is now Rutgers’ coach, before the deal unraveled amid backlash from fans, donors and politicians.
The coaching hires Tennessee made with Parker's help ended in underwhelming fashion.

Reactions: VAVol85
I don’t think Martin and Serrano are horrible coaches. They just didn’t work out here. Dooley was an absolute disaster though.

No idea why but for some reason I feel like UT is going to get a good coach and come out of this better as a program. Maybe not great, and maybe not even the person that is coaching next year. Maybe the next next coach. Idk this is based on absolutely nothing but it seems like there is a history of infractions to teams followed by pretty good turnarounds. I also think that after the last 15 years the people in charge know that this is pretty much it as far as righting the ship under their watch. The cleaning of house leads me to believe TPTB understand all that and are pretty much wiping the slate clean and starting fresh. It’s obviously not ideal today, it might not be ideal tomorrow or next year even but I just have this feeling that it’s going to work out for the Vols in the long run. And again it may not be the coach that’s leading them next year, might have a stop gap (see Matt Luke > Lane Kiffin) or just someone that calms the waters for a year or two leading to a much better feeling around the program for the next coach. Not that what anyone here cares what an outsider has to say but I get the feeling that this is going to end up working out for y’all.

Reactions: Boogievol

VN Store

Back