Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed it is, I get why a lot of people don’t like the idea of Steele being HC hell I don’t but if the man puts together the best defensive staff we’ve had in years I won’t complain a bit.

I hope that its Chadwell.

Lock him up on the cheaper side and put some money into assistants to help him along the way.

You can’t lose.
Never say “you can’t lose” in a UT post...we have proven how to lose in a million different ways.

Reactions: VFL92
I don’t understand the hype for O’Brien at all... just like for Marrone or Fisher. Makes absolutely no sense to me. Why?

O’Brien isn’t well liked by many players.

Marrone was hired by Bama. (Thank goodness)

Fisher wouldn’t be a bad hire but only if we miss out on six or seven different coaches.

None of those guys are the answer, I agree.

I don't necessarily disagree, but this is not how it's supposed to go nor how it goes at other places.

You don't hire a staff FOR the new coach.
understandable but there was talk that Garner had already agreed to things. Can’t leave him in lingo. Kevin Simons was moved in order to retain Henry T.

Unless sanctions are stupid bad. I highly doubt we go through all of this just to promote Steele

He’s not getting promoted. The most he’ll ever be is DC. Whomever is green lighting these hires has a lot of coaches to hire and not a lot of time.

Tee likely gone
Weinke likely gone
Both LB coaches gone
CB, and Safety coach gone
The only coaches I think that will be left are Graham and Chaney if they want to be here.

This is a compelling ride.

There are about 10 coaches that you could give me logical reasons why UT should hire them. And out of those 10 coaches, we could find reasons why Tennessee shouldn't hire them.

I do wonder if at least 1 of the 2 hires (AD & Head Coach) doesn't come from somewhere we don't expect.

It's never dull around here.

O’Brien isn’t well liked by many players.

Marrone was hired by Bama. (Thank goodness)

Fisher wouldn’t be a bad hire but only if we miss out on six or seven different coaches.

None of those guys are the answer, I agree.

Fisher is where we'll end up if we are turned down by 7-9 coaches.

Chris Peterson got stressed out by the job at UW, in a pro town where they are a bunch of godless anarchists that don't care about college football. He's not taking an SEC head coaching job where he gets more scrutiny and attention than the state's governor.

Petersen has been #1 on my list since ‘08, but I lol’d too hard at this.

If stoops has interest you have to hire him but the statement about wanting a coach for the next 10 years at minimum makes it hard for me to believe he’s the guy for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back