Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were going to fire him, I wanted him fired as soon as the A&M game ended. I sure didn't want this stupid internal investigation shitshow to have to happen just to get rid of him and Fulmer. It ended up being mutually assured destruction with all our dirty laundry (which everyF'nbody has but don't dig up on themselves and air out for the whole world to see) being drug out on full display just to screw Pruitt out of his money and get Fulmer out of the way.

This whole mess is full stupidity on the Chancellor and Presidents side...

We could have waited a year, fired both for performance and would be much better off. As it is we have basically nuked ourselves into oblivion...while a huge majority of VN sits here clapping and cheering "The Wicked Witch is dead" like a bunch of fools.

We royally ****** ourselves.
I agree with you.. we shouldn't have been cheap and just fired him without the investigation... 12 million is alot, but I bet once all is said and done, we get close to that number with court cost, legal fee's, hush money etc...

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Bill Clark or Jamey Chadwell I think are the best options that are likely hires.

No Gus with Steele here.

Herman even with being fired is gonna be expensive.

Freeze has the baggage, plus pretty pricey with his recent contract negotiations.

Napier seems to want too much control for nothing proven at the P5 level.

Kiffin will be expensive, Ole Miss buyout part of that price tag.

Steele would’ve been named already if he was a serious candidate, he could still be the hire. But I doubt a new AD is coming in to take Fulmer’s plan B.

I'm not sure how y'all are so sure who should be the right AD. Just give me somebody who has done the job well before and never led program towards a national embarrassment. Seems like that would be a solid upgrade.

Bill Clark or Jamey Chadwell I think are the best options that are likely hires.

No Gus with Steele here.

Herman even with being fired is gonna be expensive.

Freeze has the baggage, plus pretty pricey with his recent contract negotiations.

Napier seems to want too much control for nothing proven at the P5 level.

Kiffin will be expensive, Ole Miss buyout part of that price tag.

Steele would’ve been named already if he was a serious candidate, he could still be the hire. But I doubt a new AD is coming in to take Fulmer’s plan B.

I think you are right. Herman could still be it if they want to throw around money. But Clark or Chadwell seem to make the most sense. They're experienced program builders.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
I agree with you.. we shouldn't have been cheap and just fired him without the investigation... 12 million is alot, but I bet once all is said and done, we get close to that number with court cost, legal fee's, hush money etc...
Thanks for seeing that I am not just being an ***hole. I honestly just see this situation for what it is, and calling it what it is, and I cannot understand how everybody else can't see it.

Reactions: yourstruly23
Looks like a pee wee football game. One throw where WR is open by 7 yards...
It’s a ball thrown 65 yards to the opposite hash while falling away...... that’s elite arm talent which you cannot coach and not one single QB on our roster has had in a long time. There’s a reason why he was an all American. Just saying i think he is definitely worth taking a chance on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back