Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter what I want. It's Steele. He'll be the new head coach. He'll hire some hot shot OC like Lebby and that will be enough. It will be him. And we'll be right back here in 3 years. They're going to hire Gilbert too. this is UT
There is no hope. People who have hope now will be the one leading the fire train in 2024.

I can see Plowman and Boyd saying "no one is going to fault us for hiring the AP coach of the year." I actually think he's the most risk averse choice because of that.
Depends. They said they didn't want experiments. Do they see someone who has never coached in the power 5 as an experiment verses someone who has loads of SEC experience and is 147 years old?

I think so?

I think he had issues with DeAndre Hopkins almost the entire time he was there. And then he had issues with JJ Watt this past season. I don't think he had a very good relationship with Deshaun Watson.

I think he had a team first mentality. The stars aren't above the team. Sounds great.. But rarely works out in the NFL. The stars make more money than anyone in the building, including you.

Maybe he's just better off coaching in college? It's certainly possible.
If he has a "stars aren't above the team" mentality, then it's certainly possible he's better off coaching in college. It seems like players getting special treatment is a common complaint from college players about a prior coaching staff (players said that about Butch after he was fired, but also about good coaches like Urban).

College is certainly more of a coach or team-driven sport, while the NFL is undoubtedly driven by the players. If a coach's ego can't deal with that, then the NFL isn't a good place for them.

Reactions: SmokinBob
This is hilarious. Poor ole Bass has been through the ringer when it comes to his emotions on a head coach. He has been all over the place.
Raising both arms and losing his sunglasses in 3...2...

Reactions: jp1
why hire 1 when you could easily get both? Steele isn't taking Chadwell as an OC (mainly because he would say no to being an OC).. it's almost a sure thing that Caldwell takes Steele as his DC and he's already on staff..
I don't know if that's a sure thing or not

Listen to any interview with Chadwell. He would win the press conference for sure. He sounds like the good ol' East Tennessee baw that he is.
I remeber when we loved how Pruitt was a straight shooter. We liked how he sounded like a normal southern guy and wouldn't use coach speak. 3 years later he's a dumb Gump.

Money talks and if the money is right UT can hire just about anyone they want. They offered Gundy $7mil/year last time around. They will make a good hire this time.
And he turned it down. and we weren't as bad off then as we are now. Everyone is making money now days. It takes more than money or else Billy Napier wouldn't be telling people he doesn't want this job.

Reactions: GoBigOrangeVols
I feel like a NegaVol but I am starting to think and dread we hire Steele, have 15 people request removal from NLI/portal transfers and miss out on '22.

I want Ingram like most here but I don’t think the mud slinging toward Gilbert is fair. Sure he was at Bama for a long period of time but that was a long time ago AND his son wears orange and white now. Barnes is the best thing our university has going now and if he wants him that’s good enough for me
I'd rather be known as a football school instead of basketball. Hope all programs do well but ultimately I'd like to be a football power house! That's why I lean towards Ingram over Gilbert. Ingram has proven he can build a football program. Just my opinion.

And he turned it down. and we weren't as bad off then as we are now. Everyone is making money now days. It takes more than money or else Billy Napier wouldn't be telling people he doesn't want this job.
I’d argue we’re much better off now than last time. Roster is much better and Fulmer is gone. AV and others have said he’s been a big problem attracting good coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back