Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Kiffin not realistic? I don’t understand where this notion is coming from.
I honestly think he's not realistic because he literally cost big boosters millions. It's easy for us to accept him back. It's probably not so easy for them. JMO of course. I really hope they can look past that though. He's a no brainer.

Let me ask one more question on taylor /Barnett

why could couch just move to OLB in the 3-4?

Isnt the only difference between Taylor in the 3-4 and Barnett in the 4-3 not just a few more times Taylor dropped back into a coverage when there was a zone blitz?

It’s just a different build of player. Typically you would have a longer frame of player that’s more agile, mainly for outside leverage and gap coverage because your DEs in that 3 man front aren’t going to be as agile.

There’s so many tweeners in college that sometimes its honestly hard to tell. But take crouch, his build is pretty much identical to Barnett. He is closer to 260 than he is 230. He could be a good power rushing 4-3 end like Brandon Ghraam if he put on 10lbs and played at 260.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Regarding Freeze, are there forces, internal or external, that would prevent us from pursuing him? I know the history and certainly understand the stigma, but he's already on the NCAA's radar. Whoever we bring in will walk into NCAA scrutiny, so a) why not pick someone used to it, b) someone that has proven to handle it pretty successfully, and c) someone who has proven to be a really good coach?

But for the record, I'm a Chadwell fan. Good dude.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
I honestly think he's not realistic because he literally cost big boosters millions. It's easy for us to accept him back. It's probably not so easy for them. JMO of course. I really hope they can look past that though. He's a no brainer.
At this point, everyone has cost everyone a lot of money around this program. I think Hamilton ran up the biggest bill with his renovations and all that. Didn't Dooley say the program was in $200M debt in like 2011?

I mean this is the best argument out there. But that would mean pride cost us Kiffin and got us a Jim Caldwell

Lot of bridges in/out of this program. Are you saying he burned the most important bridge(s)? If so, who?

Look he isn’t trusted and when that’s the case those making the hire can’t pull the trigger.

now I fully understand people can change and I do think Lane has changed to some degree BUT if he leaves Ole Miss after one year that proves he’s the same ole untrustworthy dishonorable guy he was when he did that here

Maybe we can offer HT the inside linebacker job coach to get him to stay. I mean Kevin Steele is about to hire his staff anyway, right?

First player-coach in UT history, that would be pretty cool.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
"I'm so hungry, I could eat a frozen dog.."

When he picks that old woman, hugs her and she croaks, I laughed so damn hard, I cried...
"Gold in Texas? Looks like he's the one with brains in your family".:p

The shootout with his old gang is classic. I have been checking out some of my vintage stereo equipment to sell on eBay, and I was dubbing that movie. It has to be one of the funniest movies of all time. I ended up watching it again, maybe for the hundredth time.

Reactions: m1al
"I'm so hungry, I could eat a frozen dog.."

When he picks that old woman, hugs her and she croaks, I laughed so damn hard, I cried...
“I wouldn’t take you to a dog fight if you was the defending champ”,,,,Gotta love O’Henry moon
He had put a girl or two in tune with nature in his time

Last edited:
Reactions: m1al and windrider
Agreed. If you really wanna win again hire Kiffin and pair his offense with Steele's D. It's a no brainer.
Nothing gets the money flowing like winning. Winning football built a school, built a community, built businesses, built a whole hospitality industry, built everything around the school. Winning built everything. If we want money again, if we want to put a thriving Knoxville market in overdrive, we hire a winner again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back