Official Coaching Search Thread

Pump the breaks on the coach search talk, they have to screw up the AD hire first. Let the UT soap opera/comedy hour begin.

Reactions: Volnbeers
I would LOVE Jeff Fisher to be hired here... The people that talk bad about him have no idea how to contextuualize what he's gone through fighting the process of moving TWO NFL teams, a crazy GM destroying the salary cap in the mid '00s, and an owner drafting a mentally retarded QB from Texas...

Dude is a great football mind...

Jeff Fisher got canned because his offenses were archaic and too simple to defend. Some compared his offenses to high school offenses.

He would need one heck of an OC hire for this to make sense.

Reactions: Vol Catdaddy
Roll the red carpet out for James Franklin,
Once he says no, call Matt Campbell,
Once he says no, call Hugh Freeze,
And if push comes to shove, just go get Tom Herman or Jamey Chadwell
No more “red.” Our last three had red in them before they came. 🍊😉

They said clearly in the presser that Steele as interim coach
And an AD will be hired before a head coach is.
So unless like a few are saying that one is already lined up(I highly doubt this,,its Tennessee have they ever had their ducks in a row) It looks to be Steele leading the team in the 2021 season then looking for a HC afterwards
That might be good news for you Kiffen people
He could probably get away with bailing after 2 years instead of one

If you want to win hire Freeze but I don't even see him being considered. Campbell would be my 2nd choice

I'm thinking that there is a reason that Steele was named "acting" HC, not "interim". It sounds more temporary to me.

They may just have wanted someone to hold down the job to continue recruiting.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
It's laughable the names people are throwing out there that should come be our coach. Ya'll are trippin if you think we're not going to get publicly embarrassed with a long list of "Thanks, but no thanks" answers from the top 20 names on our list. We'll just end up with some scrub again. It's the Tennessee way. How can ya'll even remotely be hopeful after the sh!tshow of the last 15 years?

Reactions: FBtime

VN Store

Back